Clear all

Sweet Jane version?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone recall a version of Sweet Jane that has an extended piano intro, similar in concept to Locomotive Breath? Which album is it from?

Thx.

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

This will either help or drive you nuts! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Jane

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I believe it's the 8 minute version that got all the AAA playtime, and it is found on 'Different Times, Lou Reed in the 70's'. but that's a best-of compilation, so it may found elsewhere as well. At 8:00 it's one of the longer, as well as being the one lodged in my memory; others are up to 10:00. I snagged the 8:00 version from iTunes before RSJ2009, as I wanted it just because of that famous extended into.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hmm long piano intro, I never heard that version. I've always liked the extended dual guitar intro version from Rock n Roll Animal that was one of my all time favs especially back in the day.

I'll have to try and find that version I'm not sure I ever heard it but I didn't like some of the versions I heard with Velvet Underground

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

right -- I'm thinking of the same as Chris: primarily dual guitar intro. iTunes has both 9 and 10 minute live (Live in LA and Take No Prisoners) versions as well. possibly one of those is a piano intro -- tho you'll probably have to buy to find out unless on youtube.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I really like the Cowboy Junkies version of this song.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote