Notifications
Clear all

Taste in Music and Respect to Others Taste in Music

46 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@switch10)
Trusted Member

first off i love classic rock as well, i grew up listening to bands like Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Floyd, ETC. Between the ages of 10 and about 16 I seriously worshiped Jimmy Page, I thought there was no other musician who even came close to him. I learned to play everything that he played, I saved all my money and bought a LP standard, I tried to sound just like him. But after years of this i kind of got sick of playing the same music. I eventually started listening to punk music, that lasted for a while, then i moved on to the more modern rock, then i started listening to a lot of reggae/punk type stuff like slightly stoopid, pepper, and sublime. And then came the hip-hop. I was really into RJD2 (do yourself a favor and listen to Ghostwriter) for a long time. A few years ago I started getting into the jam band scene. i.e. Phish, String cheese incident, galactic, particle, wookifoot, etc. i still listen to it quite a bit, although bluegrass has taken over my ipod during the last 6-8 months :D

I am so glad that I was influenced by all of this music. It has been such a huge help in making my own music. So listen to all types of music. It will make you a better musician. That is the ultimate goal isnt it? Who cares if someone doesnt like a band as much as you like them. It's called musical taste, and its ever changing for everyone.

Dave

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4