Clear all

Tele Gas

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@hiram)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've had a LP copy for a few months now (started on acoustic) and would like a Tele. I should learn to play the LP better probably but what the heck you can't have too many guitars. Are the Tele's I see advertised at MF for 399.00 any good, there is a discernible jump in price to the next tier say 799.00.

Would the cheap one need work, I've changed out the bridge, tailpiece, tuners and PU's on the LP so I know my way around this somewhat. Would I be trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear or would it be doable.

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I've had a LP copy for a few months now (started on acoustic) and would like a Tele. I should learn to play the LP better probably but what the heck you can't have too many guitars. Are the Tele's I see advertised at MF for 399.00 any good, there is a discernible jump in price to the next tier say 799.00.

Would the cheap one need work, I've changed out the bridge, tailpiece, tuners and PU's on the LP so I know my way around this somewhat. Would I be trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear or would it be doable.

There are lots of different Teles. They can sound very different (pups and bridges make greatest differences) and they feel different (necks and bridges affect this the most). You may want to drop into your local store and try a few before mail ordering a particular model.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0262600521

push pull coil tap!!!!!! droooool :P :P :P :P :P

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0262600521

push pull coil tap!!!!!! droooool :P :P :P :P :P

Gonna enter that in the "best all around humbucker guitar" thread, TL?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Gonna enter that in the "best all around humbucker guitar" thread, TL?

Good idea! defiantly ranks eh?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It's purdy. With P90s -- at least one at the neck, I'd bite.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Lefty - You are posting that guitar everywhere! :lol:

I actually have that guitar in black. Great guitar, and I am looking to sell it. I will do 1/2 what MF sells it for. PM me if interested.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

That is one sweet looking guitar, TL. Love the wood grain.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Lefty - You are posting that guitar everywhere! :lol:

I actually have that guitar in black. Great guitar, and I am looking to sell it. I will do 1/2 what MF sells it for. PM me if interested.

gnease made me do it. :twisted:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

tele's are where it's at. I have a Highway One and have no regrets. it's the easiest to play guitar that I own...

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

I'm with TwistedLefty on this one. I just got that spalted maple Tele not long ago and I love it!!! And I'd love another Tele (like a Highway One) any time! I have the 60th Anniversary Tele and love that, too. I always thought Teles were kinda cool, but never knew how cool until I played one. :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote