Ten Worst Songs of All Time

99 Posts
56 Users
0 Likes
21.8 K Views
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

`Power of Love'

Both the songs by Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Jennifer Rush. I rarely buy compilation CD's because these two are always on them. Yuck! Yuck!

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

Radar love by Golden Earing is one of the worst songs I have ever heard. Nothing but people saying the same thing for 7 minutes why the guitarists struggles to even bend a string to its propper pitch.

Also I greatly dislike that song by velvet revolver on the radio these days called fall to pieces. If i had a nickle for every time scott wyland said "falling down" I would be filthy rich.

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

"Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Middler

More like the crap beneath my sneaker (which would be more enjoyable). Give us a break Bette, spare us any more of the wailing tripe.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Want to hear something disturbing, if you listen to Pearl Jam, as I have been known to do to... check out their album "Yield".

It's such a complete turnaround, Eddie's voice is never well utilized, the guitar work is unusual, that was the last PJ album I listened to.

I'm not going to sign a petition tell thim they should fire their producer... :twisted: but it definitely wasn't my cup of tea.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Spiders and Snakes

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Worst songs of all time....

In no particular order.........

Revolution #9...The Beatles
No Charge.......JJ Barrie
Mississippi.....Pussycat
Do ya think I'm sexy..Rod Stewart....er, no Rod!!!!
Alfie....Cilla Black
Hurry up Harry...Sham 69
Je T'Aime....Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin
Far Away Eyes...The Rolling Stones
Karma Chameleon....Culture Club
Two Little Boys...Rolf Harris

Bubbling Under....

n-n-n-n-n-nineteen....Paul Hardcastle
Congratulations....Cliff Richard
Save your Kisses for me...Brotherhood of Man
Save your Love...Renee and Renato
Shaddap a your face...Joe Dolce
Russians...Sting
Paper Woses...Donny and marie
Long haired lover from Liverpool...Little Jimmy Osmond
Never Gonna Give You Up...Rick Astley (you could fill the top 100 with Stock Aitken and waterman songs, I haven't even got space for Sinitta and Sonia.....)
D-I-V-O-R-C-E...Billy Connolly

And a special mention for....any British football team that recorded a song for the Cup Final, any British football team that recorded a song for the World Cup, in fact any song about football ever....With extra brickbats for manchester untied, who destroyed "Burning Bridges" by Status Quo....took me years to get over that....

And I haven't even mentioned "Pipes of Peace" or "Mull of Kintyre" yet.....!!!!!!!And while we're on about ex-Beatles, check out "Ding-Dong" by George.....much as I love the man, that was pretty pathetic!!!!

Oh Dear.......I need to go and listen to some loud rock music.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jbrownstein)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

It just keeps going and going...

Sing.. sing a song...sing out loud...sing out strong I don't know who did this but I hope they retired
True Spandau Ballet
Hungry Like the Wolf Duran Duran (I can't believe they are making a comeback)
Blue Collar Man Styx
Who's Sorry Now Journey
Dust in the Wind Kansas
Relax..Don't do it Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice
I'm all out of love..I'm so lost without you... don't know who did this but I hope they retired
I Touch Myself... some babe I can't remember. The song was a disaster
Tom Sawyer Rush I know I'm going to get objections to this one but I just can't stand the vocal stylings. They drive me out of my mind.

Elvis has left the building...can I go too?

The unexamined life is unworth living - Aristotle

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

It just keeps going and going...

Sing.. sing a song...sing out loud...sing out strong I don't know who did this but I hope they retired

I'm all out of love..I'm so lost without you... don't know who did this but I hope they retired

The Carpenters and Air Supply, respectively, and who needs further evidence that there's way too much junk in my head? :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Vic, I kinda like Far Away Eyes :lol:

I can't stand-knock three times-dawn. I would add Tie a yellow Ribbin Around The Old Oak Tree but that song has taken on a special meaning for many millions of folks around the world, so I will let that one slide :P

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I love this one. A chance to run down the worst in the business and be grateful they don't pollute our radios any more. In order, worst first:

Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
Anything by Donny Osmond
Anything by Marie Osmond
St. Winifred's School Choir - Grandma we love you
Anything by the rest of the Osmonds
Give A Little Love - Bay City Rollers
Anything by The Real Thing - "Oh", "Yeah", "Girl" and "I love you" in the first four lines of every song
"The British Hustle" - no idea who did this
Rolf Harris's cover of Stairway To Heaven
Sheena Easton - Nine To Five (called Morning Train in the US cos of the Dolly Parton song of the same name)

Best,

Alan, a gibbering wreck at the thought of all this dross

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@dr-feelgood)
Eminent Member

10 worst songs of all time?

I think it's only fair to say any song thats written today!

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

I Touch Myself... some babe I can't remember. The song was a disaster
the divinyls... man, i cant believe that i remember that

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

St. Winifred's School Choir - Grandma we love you

Did you know the woman who plays Shelley in Coronation Street was one of the singers in that choir? It was featured on "Before They Were Famous".....

Can't remember her real name, I tend to leave the soaps to the Mrs these days....the brain (well what's left of it) is in a bad enough state these days without it having to be subjected to the likes of Coronation St, Emmerdale, Eastenders etc.....

:) :) :)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

I don't really keep a tab on all the songs I've heard and hated, but you can safely assume that if it was written by the Libertines in 2004, I despise it with a passion so strong it could be bottled.

ReplyQuote
(@hairballxavier)
Estimable Member

"Crazy" - Nancy Sinatra

The most irritating song of all time.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7