Clear all

The Beatles - A Day in Your Life

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The Beatles were a pretty amazing group, and to put out THAT much material (most of it high quality) in a 10 - 12 year span is simply incredible. What is your favorite Beatle moment, memorabilia, or song?

I'm a bit younger than many of you geezers, so it simply AMAZES me how many songs from the Beatles have just become a part of pop culture. I heard many tunes hummed by passers-by, sung at family gatherings, in commercials, etc before I had actually heard the Beatles original.

For example, a few years ago there was a TV manufacturer (Magnavox?) that was selling its new line of large-screen TVs... the song used was "It's getting better all the time"... I totally thought that was a TV ad jingle. Then I heard the Beatles original!

Also, one of my first recollections (I'm 33) of the Beatles was actually the Elton John song "Empty Garden". That tune still gives me chills.

Ok, anyway, my favorite tune right now is "Its All Too Much". Not too commerical, but I don't think I've heard the Beatles rock out as much on any other song. I love it.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@rahul)
Famed Member

Could you please explain the title of your post ?

Edit - Cool , now it has been changed.Actually seemed a little off...

My fav songs are too many.I think Vic started a thread on their favourite songs a while ago 8)

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Ok, so I got your attention! The Beatles were a pretty amazing group, and to put out THAT much material (most of it high quality) in a 10 - 12 year span is simply incredible. What is your favorite Beatle moment, memorabilia, or song?

Don't worry about it Rahul. The Dali Lima just wanted to get "your attention." He wasn't knocking The Beatles or anything like that. :D

My favorite Beatles moment actually comes from the Stephen King book "The Gunslinger: Dark Tower I." The song "Hey Jude" is playing in the bar in the town of Tull that the Gunslinger is passing through. I ended up wanting to listen to the song after that. Crazy how that worked for me.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

My favorite Beatles moment actually comes from the Stephen King book "The Gunslinger: Dark Tower I." The song "Hey Jude" is playing in the bar in the town of Tull that the Gunslinger is passing through. I ended up wanting to listen to the song after that. Crazy how that worked for me.

I did that exact same thing. I was listening to it as an audio book, so the narrator even sang "Hey Jude" like the song does. Great book. I'm through 1 and 2, but stopped there. Need to pick that series back up.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

One of the great things about "It's All Too Much" is that Lennon played the lead on that one (Harrison, who wrote it, played organ).

The rooftop concert is a fantastic moment. Too bad it was the last live performance. And Lennon's performances with Clapton in Toronto and at the Rock n Roll circus, though only semi-Beatle moments, are pretty great too.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I always liked "Its All Too Much" as you said it rocks, got a nice bit of overdriven guitar by John on the intro. If you want to hear the Beatles really rock check out "Birthday" or Helter Skelter" both on the white album.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

I don't have a "favorite Beatle moment" but I have a funny one.

When I was a little kid (talking about 9 or 10 years old here), "Help" was one of my favorite movies and I made a point of seeing it every time it was scheduled to appear on TV. I'd skip my boy scout camping trips and everything just to stay home and catch "Help" again. So I was quite well aware of the Beatles.

And here's the funny one....

Later, in about 1976 or so, I actually bought a Wings record and went to a Paul McCartney and Wings concert, all the while unaware that he was one of the Beatlles.

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote