Clear all

The Brain Theory

77 Posts
36 Users
0 Likes
13.2 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

40L 60R (But i feel i am 100 pc left handed atleast... )

And you know all about me. :wink:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

35L/65R (sounds like some kind of wierd clothing size, doesn't it? Scary :shock: )

Oh male by the way - been that way as long as I can remember ...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

One Winged Angel said....

What I mean is, I never go "today I'm going to write a song about <insert subject>"

Maybe you should try that....it's what the Sunday Songwriters Group forum is all about..."The Sunday Songwriters club is a stretching exercise for your mind. Arpeggios for the brain cells, so to speak. After all, writing is like playing - to get better, you have to practice."

Why not drop in sometime? Some of us (myself included, I hope!!!) have got some good songs out of the assignments there....a different style (yours!) might give some of us a kick up the you-know-what.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

"...You're stuck in the 70s - for better or worse ..."

Don't need a quiz to figure that one out.

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

As were talking he mentions - well look at what we do (were both in IT) - every single day we work and only develop the left side of our brain which controls all your logical thinking patterns. Where as our creative side - being the right side of our brain gets neglected. When he said that I thought a light inside me got switched on.

30/70 and I can't write worth a damn.

As for what your friend says about IT I think he is 100% wrong. I've worked in several areas in the field, server admin, networking, and most often programming. Yes there is a lot of logical thinking involved but there is also a GREAT deal of creativity involved as well. You constantly have to develop ideas for solving a problem and logic only gets you so far. Really logic will only help you answer the question of if the solution is viable, it won't develop new ideas. I don't think a left brain thinker could really be all that effective in IT.

Of course I don't put much stock in these online quizes either. This one in particular seemed not that great. There were a few where I just sort of picked an answer because neither really was true.

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member

60L 40R Years ago that would have been 80L 20R, logic logic razor sharp. Then I realized what was missing...

You Are an Indie Rocker!

You are in it for the love of the music...
And you couldn't care less about being signed by a big label.
You're all about loving and supporting music - not commercial success.
You may not have the fame and glory, but you have complete control of your career.

But... The band list didn't go far enough back, where were the Stones, the Who?

Does that make me an ancient Indie Rocker!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

35L/65R (sounds like some kind of wierd clothing size, doesn't it? Scary :shock: )

Oh male by the way - been that way as long as I can remember ...

No like Air pressures of Goodyear Tubeless tyres (or air pressure of my GASSSSSS :lol: )

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

As were talking he mentions - well look at what we do (were both in IT) - every single day we work and only develop the left side of our brain which controls all your logical thinking patterns. Where as our creative side - being the right side of our brain gets neglected. When he said that I thought a light inside me got switched on.

30/70 and I can't write worth a darn.

As for what your friend says about IT I think he is 100% wrong. I've worked in several areas in the field, server admin, networking, and most often programming. Yes there is a lot of logical thinking involved but there is also a GREAT deal of creativity involved as well. You constantly have to develop ideas for solving a problem and logic only gets you so far. Really logic will only help you answer the question of if the solution is viable, it won't develop new ideas. I don't think a left brain thinker could really be all that effective in IT.

Of course I don't put much stock in these online quizes either. This one in particular seemed not that great. There were a few where I just sort of picked an answer because neither really was true.

i agree with that completely, i can think of many times when logic helped me absolutely nothing. Beeing creative and thinking out of the box so to speak can go a long way.

But i still think that when writing songs it's slightly different. when youre faced with a problem you know where you want to go, and with IT there is always more that one option available. when youre writing a song you start with nothing hoping to create something not always knowing what you want at the end of it all.

It's a different kind of creativity i think.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

i agree with that completely, i can think of many times when logic helped me absolutely nothing. Beeing creative and thinking out of the box so to speak can go a long way.

Back during the tech boom in Silicon Valley, a LOT of companies were hiring people with degrees in liberal arts or humanities. Because they were taught to think differently. They were hired to be the "problem solvers" the IT folks were hired to implement the solutions these folks came up with.

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

According to a friend of mine, all problems can be solved with either WD-40 or duct tape. "If it moves and it's not supposed to, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it is supposed to, use WD-40." Not sure if that's true but it got our parade float together.

On a side note I did test to see what member of Nirvana/Kittie/Metallica I'm most like and what instrument I'd play in a band. I ended up with Kurt Cobain, Mercedes Lander, James Hetfield and vocals. Probably doesn't tell me anything but it's still fun.

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

35/left 65/right

Sounds about correct to me.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

According to a friend of mine, all problems can be solved with either WD-40 or duct tape. "If it moves and it's not supposed to, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it is supposed to, use WD-40." Not sure if that's true but it got our parade float together.

On a side note I did test to see what member of Nirvana/Kittie/Metallica I'm most like and what instrument I'd play in a band. I ended up with Kurt Cobain, Mercedes Lander, James Hetfield and vocals. Probably doesn't tell me anything but it's still fun.

where did you find that ??

Minus Human

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm 60% weird - that's kinda weird.

Minus Human

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

where did you find that ??

Minus Human

Here: http://www.quizilla.com Just enter the band in the search or whatever you are looking for. Some of the quizzes are better than others though.

ReplyQuote
(@guitarmike)

I ended up 55% right, 45% left. I had a hard time being honest with some of the questions because the answer depends on the situation. Whether or not I tackle the easy or hard problem first depends on the overall dificulty, amount of time available, etc. I would have entered sometimes or it depends on a lot of questions.

Mike

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6