Clear all

The Darn Neighbours...

19 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Okay, its like Christmas in February over here, since I went on a fairly large spending splurge music-wise.

Today, I check the mail to find it includes a note from Amtrack regarding a parcel they tried to deliver. Amtrack, I mused, the name sounds familiar, but from where? Over a cup of tea, it dawns on me. I run upstairs and fire up the web, visit Reidy's Music Store (the shop where I had ordered a very purty midnight wine telecaster to be delivered). Go to 'delivery information' and lo and behold, they use Amtrack. "Yes!!!" yell I, jumping up and running back downstairs in excitement. I grab the note. Uh oh. It says they're based in Widnes and that I would have to collect the package from them. But I don't drive. Yeah, I know, not going that good right now, is it?

But then I noticed a different address than mine scrawled on said note. They've left the package with my next door neighbour! I don't have to trek to the middle of nowhere to retrieve the sweet thing. Woo hoo. Then, I feel a little queasy. All of a sudden, my life is flashing before my eyes. This is my next door neighbour who has lived there since before I was born. The next door neighbour who had to put up with me using the hedge separating our two gardens as a wall and/or goalposts when I played football (soccer) as a kid. The neighbour who had to put up with me knocking on her door on an almost daily basis to ask if I could retrieve my football (soccerball) from her backgarden. The neighbour who had to put up with me getting in late from gigs and making tons of noise. The neighbour who had to listen (thin walls) to me learning to play guitar. Who had to put up with me trying to learn feedback-heavy Hendrix tunes on my electric axe.

Uh oh indeed. :shock: :oops:

I realise though, that she may not have any idea what the package is. It could just be a big box, right? So I run across and knock on her door, with an excuse about it being some shelving handy just in case. But no one anwsers. I knock again. Still no answer. :shock:

She may well be out right now. But she may also be inside, refusing to answer the door because she just happens to be a little busy getting 23 years worth of revenge on my sweet little midnight wine telecaster. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(Part Two of this biographical narrative will be posted soon. I hope.)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh, what a great movie scene could be made of this...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Uh oh indeed! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your neighbour is nothing like my neighbours - but if she is, and any harm does befall said Telecaster, you can always borrow my song "Screw The Neighbours" and play it VERY loud and dedicate it to her.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

she is a secret guitar hero
she is driving nails through the guitar (al my baseballs ended up that way from one grouchy neighbor).
she is napping, having tea, or enjoying you sweat.
I hope it all works to your favour.

pics!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

She may have put the contents of a can of sardines beneath your pickguard.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys, that makes me feel heaps better! :wink:

I do have an update, however...

The bad news: Still no answer.

The good news: I've yet to hear the sound of any drills, hammers, etc.,etc., and if she'd torched it, I would have seen the smoke coming from her garden. So, I think its safe. Once it gets a bit later, I think I'll sneak over to check she hasn't put it in one of her rubbish bins. :|

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Or made a 1/4" to mains plug cable adapter to use the pickups for a space heater...

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

to use the pickups for a space heater...

Or fridge magnets ...

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Or made a 1/4" to mains plug cable adapter to use the pickups for a space heater...
:lol:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

....they leave parcels at your neighbours houses?? thats just dodgey....

she didnt damage it...she sold it...to buy a set of gold lined earmuffs so she couldnt hear you knocking and abusing her when you find out...

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

May have made it into one of these:

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/telecaster+clock/pid/2524737

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

She should've known it wasn't one like mine, though. Box is too light.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

finally got her to answer the door. and found a big box had been delivered. definitely not a guitar shape. :( But, on opening I realised it was some some RAM and a new hard drive. I've never installed such things in a computer before - but I succeeded easily. :mrgreen: now I have a superfast computer just waitin' to record stuff.

and I manged to find a copy of garage band in a drawer, too :shock: no idea where that came from, but I'm gonna load it over the weekend and see if I can't get something out of it.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

and I manged to find a copy of garage band in a drawer, too :shock: no idea where that came from, but I'm gonna load it over the weekend and see if I can't get something out of it.
In one of your neighbor's drawers?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2