Clear all

The Devils Music

23 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I came upon an item in the weekend section of the paper today. They are having a screening of a documentary here in Chicago about Christian Rock. It called "Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music?" LOL

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

(@rocker)
Noble Member

god i really miss home, tribune or sun times? lol

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I've always been partial to the Trib, not sure why. But I visited Nashville a couple years ago and loved it!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

I came upon an item in the weekend section of the paper today. They are having a screening of a documentary here in Chicago about Christian Rock. It called "Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music?" LOL

Come to think of it, if Rock n Roll truly is a rebellion against the presently-established (dis)Order; then wouldn't all rock be Christian Rock (...or Spiritual or Religious Rock, as the case may be)?

Just something to ponder...

Ghost :idea:

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

maybe this will help :D http://www.wxrt.com/ my favorite radio station back in the day, I remember when they were only on at night, They have streaming audio now. Still a pretty good station :D --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Bah, I originally misread the quote I was quoting.

Carry on! :oops: :D 8)

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

The devil doesn't get all the good music - the bad guy in a Disney film usually gets a great song too.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

When I started on GN almost a year ago I was listening to rock. Almost exclusivly. Then I moved into a country phase. Now I am listening to Christian rock. There has been alot of ground made in the quality of this type of rock in my opinion. A few years ago when I listened to it, it was very cheesy. But I actally dig alot of this stuff now. Third Day is one of my favorites and reminds me alot of what Bob Seger (mispelt) would sound like if he was young and making music today. Todd Agnew sounds like a cross between Staind and Dave Matthews. Jeremy Camp doesnt sound like anyone, really, but he is an awsome guitar player IMO.

I listen to alot of different styles but usually only one main genre at a time. I just kind of rotate I guess. Rock, County, Pop, Christian, Rap, start over with Rock and so forth. Atleast thats been the history in my life.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

There has been alot of ground made in the quality of this type of rock in my opinion. A few years ago when I listened to it, it was very cheesy.
I agree, the genre has improved dramatically in the past few years, and there are some really good rockin' Christian bands out now. Kutless' "Strong Tower" is probably my favorite album from last year. And Switchfoot is actually getting played on alternative rock radio stations. Thankfully the days of STRYPER are long gone. 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I agree, the genre has improved dramatically in the past few years, and there are some really good rockin' Christian bands out now. Kutless' "Strong Tower" is probably my favorite album from last year. And Switchfoot is actually getting played on alternative rock radio stations. Thankfully the days of STRYPER are long gone. 8)
Ohh ya.. I like Kutlass too. Another cool thing about that genre is that alot of them, but not all, will place not only the lyrics on their site but even the guitar tab. I've noticed alot of that. Newsboys is another great one. They sound alot like U2 to me.

Geoo

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Come to think of it, if Rock n Roll truly is a rebellion against the presently-established (dis)Order; then wouldn't all rock be Christian Rock (...or Spiritual or Religious Rock, as the case may be)?

Just something to ponder...

Ghost :idea:

yeah, because none of the major world leaders are christian, or anything.

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I certainly wasn't commenting at all on the quality of the music, and the film got great reviews here. I just really likes the title!

As for WXRT, it's the only station I have on in my car!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

When I lived in the Chicago area it was XRT and only XRT. The DJs I remember were Terri Hemmert, Bobby Skafish, Shel Lustig ... I think Lustig was also the drummer for ska band Heavy Manners.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

When I lived in the Chicago area it was XRT and only XRT. The DJs I remember were Terri Hemmert, Bobby Skafish, Shel Lustig ... I think Lustig was also the drummer for ska band Heavy Manners.

Yeah, I was listening back in 1974 :D Lots of great stuff. I learned about King crimson, Elvis Costello, Steeleyespan, The Strawbs, John lee Hooker, And any body else worth knowing about :D :D :D Its what a radio station should be :D 8) 8)--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Last year they had a tribute to Terry Hemmert for her 30 years with the station. She's been on actually almost as long as they have! Bobby Skafish is still on as well.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2