Clear all

The future of Musical Games

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@musicismylife)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Quite a few people have been inspired to learn guitar after playing games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or other games that perhaps did not make it so big. In fact, I suppose Guitar Hero did factor into my decision to finally purchase a guitar, but maybe not as strongly as other factors. Well, in the past I've fantasized about a game that actually allows a person to learn guitar... That fantasy is becoming a reality. Check this out: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/on-latest-guitar-game-players-strum-real-strings/1392885

Isn't that something? I used to think it would be so great if there was a game just like that. Now the best thing would be if you could plug any guitar with pickups into it, because then I could use my acoustic-electric and it would be nice!

I wonder what systems it will come out on. If it comes out on PC I hope that by that time that my PC is up to par to play it!

(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Sounds neat! I hope it has some sort of PC interface, that would be cool.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member

There is so much untapped potential in a videogame interface its unreal.

If a game could take you through 'levels' where you learn the basics of something and are scored appropriately, as long as its fun and well presented it would improve the speed of learning by an exponential amount. People would want to learn/play!

At the moment there is nothing any where close to this in development. Its a major let down in all honesty.

I'm not sure what you've linked as I cant see from here, but I know theres several guitar based pc interfaces. They have problems with interpretting chords and multiple frequencies at once.

A very good application for learning piano or at least having fun on one is http://www.synthesiagame.com/
It used to be called Piano Hero, but Activision already has Keyboard Hero reserved (sounds ace!) and they sent the guy a letter from a solicitor.

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

the game sounds cool. In my opinion, they should have spent a little more time on the title though.

ReplyQuote