The guitar fund is almost full

22 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your support everyone.

My dad says he should be able to pay me back in 1-2 weeks so I'll be able to resume the hunt shortly. I've ditched my commitment to PRS. My plan is go to the store, play whatever catches my eye, buy whatever catches my ears.

I'd LOVE to get one of these but it's 4x what I'm willing to spend. I am thinking of ordering it's Epiphone counterpart but am not sure how much they charge to ship. Any of you Canadians know? Rondo charges $74 but the day I pay that to ship an Agile is the day I take out my spine and disappear up my intestines and collaspe into a single atom.............sorry what were we talking about again..........oh right, shipping on Canadian orders from Muscian's Friend.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=511976

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well I've made my decision and ended up ordering one of these:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom?sku=519391

I'll make sure to post pics when it gets here

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I've looked at that Epiphone more than once. Have played Epiphones in the past, I really like them. Congrats on the purchase!

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

That is an awesome guitar, i'm a little jealous.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I have an Epi LP Standard, an it's a great guitar. I'm sure you'll be happy with yours. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

A quick update folks,

A delivery attempt was made yesterday but I wasn't here and no one had the money for the duties ($140! Crazy!) so another attempt to deliver will be made Monday. I'll be here to except it and throw my money off a bridge.........I mean pay the duties. Keep your eyes peeled Monday for photos as I will need to take a few for insurance purposes anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice guitar! You live in Canada? That duty crap stinks! Where you at? I'll paddle it across the river for you. :lol: No, no, if any customs agents are out there, I AM kidding. I would never do anything illegal. :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2