The guitarshop destroyed my acuastic guitar

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@jafarguitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

a few days ago I purchased an expensive pick up
then I showed my old acoustic guitar to a repair shop and they said they can install the pick up for me
yesterday I went to have my guitar and I noticed 2 stings buzz
I told them what has happened and they just say the guitar had problem from the beginning.
I got so angry throw the guitar on the floor and left the shop.

Lost my acoustic guitar and the pick up

I am home now and they do not even call me to have my guitar back .

Watch me play

(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I guess there are two questions I have

1. Is the guitar shop that you went to reputable?

2. Why would they call you back if you threw a tantrum in their store and broke your own guitar by throwing it on the floor?

I believe you when you say that something was wrong when you picked it up, but I don't think I would have thrown my guitar on the ground when they said it was like that to begin with.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

but I don't think I would have thrown my guitar on the ground when they said it was like that to begin with.Yeah I hope this wasn't the classical cutaway guitar for 2000~4000 US Dollars that you referenced in your other thread. :?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

2. Why would they call you back if you threw a tantrum in their store and broke your own guitar by throwing it on the floor?

I wouldn't expect them to call you back after that either. :roll:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

If there was a problem with two strings buzzing and they knew about it, I would expect the shop to have pointed it out to you, before they did any work or just to have fixed it (depending upon what was wrong).
That is what I think the shop did wrong.

You should not have got angry with them. Instead, you should have remained calm and spoken to the manager. He may have put it right, on the spot.
Throwing the guitar on the floor was a complete waste, even if it was an "old" instrument. The problem could have been corrected.
Leaving the guitar, in the shop, may give them the idea that you have discarded it. They may well salvage the parts, that htey can and sell them.
That's what I think that you did wrong.

All in all, you came off worst.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I am not saying this has happened in your situation, but people do a more thorough inspection of their items (cars, guitars, whatever) after service has been performed. The classic is getting an oil change and then getting out on the highway and listening for every little possible thing. Then you notice a slight vibration in the tires and blame it on the oil change.

Aside from that, I agree with everyone else. Your tantrum cost you. No matter who is at fault here, it's your bad now.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Guitar score:

Guitar Shop = +0.5

Jafarguitar = -1.0

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jafarguitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

No that was not my new guitar , I bought a new classical guitar yamaha for 1500 Dollars
that was about 500 Dollars guitar I bought about 13 years ago
purchased a pickup for about 200 dollars and wanted to install on it.
the problem was that they guy was insisting the guitar had a problem from the very beginning
he was telling a lie because I could see they had worked on fret too
apparently some thing wen wrong and the strings started to buzz and they tried to work on fret
I am not a kid the guitar had become a junk so I got angry and throw it on the floor and left the guitar and went home
Man ! I was going to play that guitar in my Church Choir
I prayed about and and decided to forgive the guy and not to go back .
but man it is not easy :cry:

Watch me play

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i wish i was in a situation to leave a perfectly fine guitar and a $200 pickup in a heap at the repair shop. not a wise choice, my friend. It might be a good idea to somehow get it back. you may regret it

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I am not a kid the guitar had become a junk so I got angry and throw it on the floor and left the guitar and went home
Man ! I was going to play that guitar in my Church Choir
I prayed about and and decided to forgive the guy and not to go back .
:shock:

Seriously though, I have been in similar situations. I find that customer service has really fallen to a substandard level these days. I hate taking anything anywhere to be repaired.

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Well...if you play a guitar you'd know it had a buzz somewhere...so score a point for you.

But acting that way??? C'mon...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

im certainly no expert but a little bit of fret buzz could surely have been easily fixed??

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Any real Rock n Roller would have smashed it on the counter...then walked out!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

You may not be a kid, but you certainly acted like one. Throwing a temper tantrum in the store isn't going to be productive for you or the clerk. Thankfully I don't work in customer service anymore, but when I did, an attitude like yours would have gotten exactly nothing out of me. If I were the store owner, I would hold your guitar for however many days the law states and then claim that it is abandoned property and sell it.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2