Skip to content
The most beautiful ...

Notifications
Clear all

The most beautiful thing you have ever heard.

15 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Other than my nieces first words, I would have to say that Keith Jarret's rendition of My Funny Valentine is the most beautiful thing that I have ever heard. While Keith creatively remakes the main theme, Gary Peacock eventually dives into what can only be described as the mother of all jazz ballad bass solos. I just thought this performance was remarkable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qIJuYpe2BHA

What is the most beautiful tune/song that you have ever heard? Please share it via link if possible.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Django Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli playing just about anything. Perhaps my favorites are Tears, Nuages and Improvisation On Tchaikovsky's 'Pathetique' Andante

Here's a 30 second sample, best I could come up with . . .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Well I'll say my wife saying " I DO " on our wedding day

{ Do I get brownie points for saying that ? :lol: }

Apart from that music wise .. Mark Knofler in concert

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Lately: Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major - Prelude

Just beautiful music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S6yuR8efotI&mode=related&search=

I'm not even a real classical fan. Just love this song, learning it on guitar now.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I can't say I have this one song. What I'm currently back into is Rachmaninov. It's kinda hard to find a proper version, this is the most decent one I could find. My mind just keeps going all over the place as the song develops.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zqTrspJngJc&mode=related&search=

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

On the scenic drive which winds its way up Mount Shasta (in northern California), there is this one particular spot, where if you stop, turn off the engine and listen, the pine trees actually sing.

It's...beyond music. :)

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Not of the usual genres I listen to, but one of the most beautiful songs I've ever, ever heard was an acoustic version of Lara Fabian's I Will Love Again. It was pure and clear -- elegant perfection. Piano and vocal and not much else. (Definitely NOT the disco/dance version. :? )

I can't provide a link as I have never been able to find it, and have never heard it again. I contacted the radio station that played it, and was told it was a version only released to radio. That's been quite a long time ago, so maybe it is available somewhere now.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Margaret: I'm giving it a look, I'll yet you know if I find it. Did she perform it herself or was it an accoustic cover by someone else? There are a truckload of covers around, already spotted ten or so different nasty club remixes. Could it be the 'ballad reprise' edition?

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Arjen wrote: I'm giving it a look, I'll yet you know if I find it. Did she perform it herself or was it an accoustic cover by someone else?

It was Lara Fabian singing, confirmed by the emails to and from the radio station.

The sound was ethereal and has haunted me ever since, wanting to hear it again. The lyrics and the delivery were heartbreaking yet triumphant.

The acoustics of the recording were key to the aura. I don't know how to describe it other than it sounded like she was all alone in an empty concert hall with nothing but a piano and a mic.

Please do let me know if you turn it up. Thanks!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

The Star Spangled Banner seems to put me in a trance. A young woman sang it at Fenway (Red Sox ballpark) last year (?) I think and she knocked me off me feet. I tried to look for a link, they had it on the offical Sox site, but I can't find it anymore. :(

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

"twilight" by the twilight singers, elliott smith's version of "because", jeff buckley's version of "hallelujah"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

So many things:

Debussy's La Mer
Beck's rendition of Goodbye Porkpie Hat
Birds and wind in the trees just before dawn
Tangerine Dream's Rubycon
The Glenn Miller Orchestra playing In the Mood
Suzanne Vega singing Caramel

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

My children being born.

Nothing quite like it.

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

Abracadabra - Judee Sill (listen to this and you will never be the same)!!

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

I was in Florence and a short walk up from the Piazza de Michelangelo (which has one amazing view of the city) there is a small white church. I don't even remember it's name. I walked in and there was no one in the church other than me and a group of monks dressed in their long dark robes all the way to the back behind the altar. I am guessing they were rehearsing as they were singing gregorian chants. I didn't know monks actually still do that. I sat down in the very back row (which was wooden chairs) to not disturb them and listened to the most beautiful music ever: perfectly in tune with percect synchronization with out being too perfect and very etheral. You could have recorded it and sold it but no recording could have done it justice especially when you are actually there listening to it in a small white church just after seeing the most breathtaking view of Florence. When they ended, with out a sound, they all very orderly with no one directing filed out into a part of the church I could not see and then out of the church. The whole experience was transcendental. I just wish I had gotten there earlier to have heard more because it was truly the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. I am not a religious person but it was an amazing moment of peace.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote