Clear all

This Summers Concerts

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

well, its almost time to go back to school for me but i gotta say i had a great summer of music.

it started off with james taylor, which was a really great mellow concert. it was great to see a true talent liek that. and a gentlemen, friendly giant.

then came the santana concert, which was my favourite of the summer. it was incredibly entertaining and energetic, he is a true legend of guitar, he was sooooooo smooth.

then tonight was the king of the blues b.b king himself. it was his 80th birthday party tour. although he is old he is still a great talent. and he still has it. Great guitarists and really knows how to work the crowd. hes a clever guy i was surprised how funny he was.

thats my summer concerts so far. 3 great legends of music. but the best part is i have 2 more legends to see in september.

starting with elton john. which will suck compared to these other great musicians.

and then the most incredible paul mccartney which i am looking forward alot. he is probably the biggest music legend i will ever see live.

i've been fortunate to have seen and will be seeing some great music live. has anyone else been fortunate to see any great live performances this summer? post them in this thread if you have.

$MAX$

(@day-tripper)
Eminent Member

I haven't seen any concerts this summer but my first concert is going to be on the 23rd of september, I am seeing Robert Plant.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

then tonight was the king of the blues b.b king himself.

We dont get many of the big concerts in Oklahoma City. BB did come a few months back but I didnt even hear about it until it was too late. I would LOVE to have seen that.

There are a couple country artist (Dierks Bentley and Gary Allan) coming this month that I would like to see, but not sure if I'll get too. Sadly, I dont think I have been to a single concert this summer. My last was, Keith Urban, spring 2005. It was awsome.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I didn't see any this summer either, got Elton John at the Garden coming up in September though. Don't worry, I'm sure SIR elton, will put on a great show.

For mother's day, I got her tickets to see McCartney at the garden.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I think I notice a pattern here!

My fall lineup is

the Stones
McCartney
Elton John

They should all be incredible shows. My third time for the Stones, second for McCartney and Elton John. McCartney is incredible.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

No concerts this summer for me :( Too much work.

Trying to get tickets as in a couple weeks Judas Priest with Halford and Anthrax will both be here. :shock:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i gess elton and paul are doing a big tour thru north america

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

Just saw the Green Day concert on Tuesday night, geared more toward the younger crowd but overall a great show!

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Didn't see many people this summer. Was suppose to see Robert Plant but his show was cancelled due to illness and won't be rescheduled. Other than that I saw:

Crosby, Stills, and Nash
System of a Down / The Mars Volta

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

how was crosby stills nash? i would think that would be sick. even without neil

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Started out the summer with Mellencamp. It was good. I had a crappy seat though. Then Motley Crue. Very entertaining. Gonna see ZZTOP next weekend. Looking forward to that one.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Saw the Allman Brothers in May. I was going to see Santana but couldn't. Also saw BB, but that was in like Feb or March. I have nothing lined up for future shows.

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

how was crosby stills nash? i would think that would be sick. even without neil
They were amazing. They played a long show too with an intermission. The first half other than the opening two songs was all newer stuff, last few years, and I didn't really know any of it but it was still good. The second half was all their big hits of course. Crosby is so nonchalant, he sings with his hands in his pockets when not holding a guitar.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Saw the Allman Brothers in May. I was going to see Santana but couldn't. Also saw BB, but that was in like Feb or March. I have nothing lined up for future shows.

how were they?

and purple... ye crosby is really cool...very talented....i love the harmonies crosby stills and nash create, they are amazing together. the only one who could work solo is neil, and so he does

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

how were they?

Allman Brothers were absolutely incredible--probably the best show I've ever seen. They played for three and half hours, and it felt like it was over in the blink of an eye. It was a really small venue, so it was very intimate, and they were definitely on their game. Those guys play and don't mess around.

BB was great too, but my experience wasn't the greatest due the hell hole that is the House of Blues. I really hate that place. But more importantly, the music was good.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2