Skip to content
Time to fess up AKA...

Notifications
Clear all

Time to fess up AKA Good money after bad (video)

40 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Nothing wrong with overkill! Thats why I got my Peavey Windsor half stack. 4 speakers and a 100 watt all tube Marshall JCM800 clone. (TR makes manly grunting sounds) By the way, it has numbers and actually goes to twelve. It's two more. :wink: (Spinal Tap reference)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Overkill is one of our defining characteristics. Why fight it? :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

As Nigel explains here ...... 8)

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Top link TR 8)

Do you have the footswitch for the valve king?

Mine seems to have a short delay when I switch channels ? I wonder if this is just mine, or a common problem?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yes I do have a switch. There might be a little delay. I don't really use it too much though as most of what I play is on the high gain side and if I do use the clean it would be for the entire song. It's funny, chanel switching used to be a must for me and now not so much. I think it is more a necessity with a solid state amp but the tube amps are sensitive and I can controll things with my guitar. We certainly do change over time I suppose. Ummmm yeah, I think there is a delay.

Actually the switch was a bit of good fortune as the Valve King uses the same switch as my Windsor so I already had one.

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Good idea Roy ... too bad he is poor! :lol:

Wanna hear this little beast? In keeping with the Munsters Dry Bones thread ........ I decided to learn this today. I need practice. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jntW1qQxVpk

Very cool, TR! Some time if you get a chance can you jot down the basic tab of this? It doesn't have to be fancy at all. That song has been a favorite of mine for ages!

Thanks,
Jim

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

TR when you say you stick to one channel and control things with your guitar, what do you mean?

I have heard of people using volume knobs to drive the tubes etc, but in all honesty, I have no idea what that means :oops:
When I use my volume knobs I get louder and that's it.

Since we have the same amp, Just thought I'd ask in case there is something I should be doing but am not :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

If you turn the volume on the guitar where it is just barely on and use a light touch, the sound should be fairly clean on the dirty chanel. Not clean like the clean chanel is but much cleaner than if you open the volume up all the way. You can't get a really clean sound without adjusting the amp, hence the invention of two chanel amps. I just don't play many things using a sparkling clean tone is all. If you want really clean, you will need to use the clean chanel.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Excellent choice in amps.

I've had mine about 4 years with no trouble other than it's too loud for some of my church venues. :oops:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yep, that is a familiar pic!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3