47 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
11.5 K Views
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Hey Purple :D

Good choices.
As a matter of fact, I did list Heart of Saturday Night as MY favorite Waits album. (Bone Machine 2nd) :wink:

I know what you mean about the long period of decision for an album or artist to grow on you.
Tiffany swore she would NEVER like Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, and ESPECIALLY...
Bob Dylan.
All of whom were among my favorites at that time.
I just kept playing them in my car when she was with (and couldn't escape :twisted: ).
Eventually they ALL became her favorites.
ESPECIALLY Bob Dylan. (Partially thanks to 'The Band')

And thankx for the stories on yer second to the last post here :D
I wasn't sure if you were trying to have fun with me or not....
Saying that yer mom went to a Chicago concert (while we went to a concert IN Chicago) :lol:
There were some other twisted similarities.
Probably all strange coincidences is all :)

Anyway - Tiffany and I went to see Alvin Lee on the NorthSide of Chicago back then as well.
Our love of Ten Years After in a time of heavy metal was the deciding factor that brought us together (if there was any doubt)
I had already seen the original TYA in concert and promised to take her to see them whenever they came back.
It was just Alvin... fine by her as she had fallen madly in love with him from the Woodstock video.
We went out to the tour bus after the show and waited til he came out.
She walked up the bus steps to meet him... he looked at her (He, obviously a bit scared) waiting with marker in hand for her
to give him something to sign.
She then ripped open her shirt (in the bitter cold winter night/no jacket) and commanded him - SIGN ME!!!!
I couldn't believe it. She's so shy. It was pretty humorous.
He looked her over for a while, gave his nodding approval, and signed her.
He was in the middle of asking her if that was good when she lunged at him, threw her arms around his neck and pulled
him down to her.... smothering him with kisses.
After a brief fight from him, they ended up making out for about 5 minutes. :D :lol: :D :lol:

He looked pretty lightheaded when they were done...
She looked like she had accomplished her life's mission.

I told her that we would have to get married for sure....
Alvin Lee was my first favorite guitar player and the reason that I started playing. :lol:

Anyways....
Hope you enjoy yer Waits CDs.
And do yerself a favor.... Open Heart of Saturday Night.
You'll love it!!!!

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I did not remember anyone mentioning Heart of Saturday Night. :oops: Sounds like it should be a good purchase. I am still going to wait until I get through Frank's Wild Years before I open it. It is a little tempting and if I really get into it, it could be months before Frank makes it back to the cd player. Rain Dogs was opened first and has since been shelved, not permanently.

Yes sorry it was the band Chicago and not the city. The main difference in the story is my mother was NOT happy about the whole experience. The singer really just took her by surprise. Hmm.. not too sure about you men (my father included) that think it's cool to watch their significant other smooching another man.... :wink: At least you know you share the same love.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4