Clear all

Too Many Doo-Dads On This Guitar

22 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This is an Eastwood at a local shop (well, sort of local). Think there are enough knobs? One question. Where does the pick-hand go?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

WHERE is the gas cap???

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

It does look cool. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

yowza!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I bet you could check your email with that thing

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

One question. Where does the pick-hand go?

I can tell you where it WOULDN'T be going - anywhere near the direction of my wallet. Way too fussy and cluttered for me, with all those knobs. Unless.....I notice the model's name is "Airline".....do you get complimentary drinks and waitress service with it?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Unless.....I notice the model's name is "Airline".....do you get complimentary drinks and waitress service with it?

I think it's more likely that you have to have a pilot's license to play it.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's totally awesome! If it's reasonably priced, I'd buy it in a flash. Love those old Japanese gadget monsters!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member

The owner and main shop of Eastwood guitars is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I have an Eastwood Corona (discontinued SG model) and it really is a nice guitar. It was about $400 CAD, and plays like a guitar worth twice that much. If you check their site, they use quality electronics and the craftsmanship is really very good.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I have enough trouble trying to figure out how to work the four knobs on my LP :lol: Can you imagine trying to read the user's manual for this puppy? " To create Sound X, simply adjust knob 1 countercloackwise to gain the desired effect. Afterwards turn knob 2 3/4 of a turn. Turn switch B off. Adjust accordingly." Nah, not for me.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Roy, Maybe you're in the market for something a little more conservative. Here's the more restrained 2 PU model:

:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Don, how will I ever get to steer satellites from my chair without a Bigsby? :lol: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

That's totally awesome! If it's reasonably priced, I'd buy it in a flash. Love those old Japanese gadget monsters!

+1!!

Love these things, and the prices are great. Maybe I'm too long an engineer, but these suckers are laid out so logically, it's obvious what to do with the knobs. A Gretsch more mysterious.

I've been asked what I want for #50. I've been thinking a guitar model from the mid to late 50's -- first issued in 1958 if possible. So far I've come up with:

Fender Jazzmaster
Gretsch Country Gentleman
Double cut LP Junior TV
Airline DX2 or DX3
Airline Map
Airline Tuxedo

Those Airlines are tres tempting -- soooo 50's man!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Love these things, and the prices are great. Maybe I'm too long an engineer, but these suckers are laid out so logically, it's obvious what to do with the knobs. A Gretsch more mysterious.

I write software for an engineering company and this is exactly why I design the UI and they don't. :D

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I write software for an engineering company and this is exactly why I design the UI and they don't. :D
I hire ID firms to do the Industrial and User Interface designs for the consumer products that my engineering department designs. We don't let our SW engineers design UI either. Same problem.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2