Too many hobbies?

54 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
10.2 K Views
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member

Well, I play guitar, bass & mandolin.
I LOVE to garden. (There's nothing quite like getting dirt under your fingernails! Unless, of course, it's a guitar string!)
I'm a photographer (it's been a passion for YEARS).
I'm an artist (I work in several mediums).
I LOVE to cook.
I do needlework (embroidery and crewel, mostly).
And, I'm kind of a computer nerd.

I think that's it! :D

Add love to ride harleys and you're the perfect wife!! :wink:

Music is the universal language, love is the key.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I also don't have TOO many hobbies, but I find myself completly engrossed in the hobbies I do have.

Guitar, is the first and biggest of my hobbies.

Poker - I usually play every friday and Saturday, although my lack of income is taking a toll on that

Movies - Bigggg movie 'buff' I've seen the Godfather 4 times in the past two weeks... I like to share things with people, so I've been re-watching it with friends that have never seen it before, and I enjoy it more each time.

Books - Big Tolkien fan, Robert Jordan, Richard Adams, Tom Clancy and Clive Cussler. Dan Brown has recently been keeping me entertained lately too, can't wait to see the movie this weekend!

Seinfeld - Take a look at the avator. I'm one of those annoying guys that likes to say whenever something reminds me of Seinfeld, and because of the nature of the show, it's almost always possible to say it ;)

And that's pretty much it. I used to be big into video games...I consider myself one of the best Delta Force 2 online players, even though I don't play anymore, I could take it up and in a day be wiping the floor with people :) But I've stopped playing games as Guitar and Poker have become more important to me.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Poker - I usually play every friday and Saturday, although my lack of income is taking a toll on that

Apparently not a very good poker player if there are a lack of funds. :)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, I play guitar, bass & mandolin.
I LOVE to garden. (There's nothing quite like getting dirt under your fingernails! Unless, of course, it's a guitar string!)
I'm a photographer (it's been a passion for YEARS).
I'm an artist (I work in several mediums).
I LOVE to cook.
I do needlework (embroidery and crewel, mostly).
And, I'm kind of a computer nerd.

I think that's it! :D

Add love to ride harleys and you're the perfect wife!! :wink:

I used to ride in my younger days! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

haha stormy.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

guitar
computers
gaming
writing
reading
bird watching
photography
soccer
basketball
learning languages
surfing the 1n73rn37

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Interesting mix of interests here.

I've always fiddled with electronics (fixed my first TV at 13), and that's what has payed the bills for 20+ years. I guess it's still a hobby, though.

Other things:

-Photography
-Model railroading
-Computer abusing (see how far I can tweak it before breaking it. Then see if I can recover from whatever breakage I caused)
-Photo-manipulation (AKA Photoshopping - mostly goofy stuff for online contests)
-Reading (mostly sci-fi)
-Used to be into gaming (AD&D)
-Brewed my own beer for several years.

And of course, I've got this guitar that I'm having fun with.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Interesting mix of interests here.

I've always fiddled with electronics (fixed my first TV at 13), and that's what has payed the bills for 20+ years. I guess it's still a hobby, though.

Other things:

-Photography
-Model railroading
-Computer abusing (see how far I can tweak it before breaking it. Then see if I can recover from whatever breakage I caused)
-Photo-manipulation (AKA Photoshopping - mostly goofy stuff for online contests)
-Reading (mostly sci-fi)
-Used to be into gaming (AD&D)
-Brewed my own beer for several years.

And of course, I've got this guitar that I'm having fun with.

I used to write my own virii and run them on lnly my computer and then try to fix them...only sometimes I couldn't:(

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

This is what i do:
Guitar
Football (soccer)
Reading
Computers
PS2
XBOX
Listening to Music
Writing Songs - this is extremely fun to do

it's all fun but i do play my guitar mostly 8) :)

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@cjmac)

I work way to much!!!

I wish everyone could be rich and famous for a day so they could see its not the answer.--Jim Carrey

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member

learning to play guitar is one of my newest hobbies but i have many interests heres what my average week consists of , running at least twice a week, weight lifting, reading, playing with my kids, walking the dog, cooking, playing compergames on my shiny new xbox 360, going to the pub, playing pool, watching movies, listning to music, shooting, fishing when i get the chance, i used to ride horses and still get the chance occasionally,
i have to go to work as well which is a major annoyance but i have to fund everything else somehow!!
my major thing at the minue is obviously the guitar i have always wanted to be able to play so it seems to take over a lot of other things but i suppose you have to prioritise what most important to you at the time.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Guitar playing, duh!
Guitar repair
Deep sea fishing
Auto repair and high performance mods
Old Harley resto's
Coin collecting
Beer drinking
And Hell-rasing :lol:
Reading
Writing
Collecting Ex-wives :shock:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I think one cannot have enough hobbies. If I have to give one person I could call my 'idol' it would be Fourier: teacher, politician, secret agent, scientist, musician, filosopher, author, free adventurer, governor of a fairly big provence and, IIRC, one-time pirate.

That's what I call living life to the max. :D

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member

guitar isnt my # 1 hobby..that def. would be singing...thats my love...I'm also into musical theatre and regular theatre...and of corse school would have to be a hobby since I'm there so much..lol..but I def. love theatrical stuff..that'd be my hobby.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What a great variety of interests. Mine, at 41 years old:

Playing baseball (not softball - Dali Lama, look into the MSBL in your area. :D )
My Harley
Cooking
Golf
Watching the Red Sox, Patriots and Hurricanes
Fishing
Photography (Still working with film to boot)

All this while working, being married with child and keeping up a house. Might explain why I've disappeared for a couple of months. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4