Top 5 Albums You're...

Notifications
Clear all

Top 5 Albums You're Embarassed To Admit

32 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@lakiehelena)

Embarrasing might be the wrong word. Perhaps eclectic? Thinks you'll get ribbed about? Regardless, this has been most interesting. Glad I'm not the only one who has a scattered CD collection. I like my Polka CDs, my 70's mellow stuff, my Blues and all the other non-rock mainstream things on the rack. If anything, it makes for great conversation after the laughter dies down.

Okay I have some:

Renaissance - Turn of the Card, Novella
Anything of the "A Mighty Wind" Soundtrack
I also love Bjork...

And I grew up on Herb Alpert's "Whipped Cream." Except when I think of it I still hear the "Ka chunk chunk" of the 8-track tape player in part of the songs because we usually listened to it in the car on long road trips. Anyone else remember 8-track tapes? Whew.
:o

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I remember 8-tracks! We're really old, aren't we? :D

I think eclectic is the best description of my collection. I like different genres of music depending on my mood, the weather, my state of mind.... Sometimes I'll hear a little snippet of something on TV and it will remind me of something in my collection, so naturally, it has to be played (and, if it's not there already, it must be "collected"!). Quite a bit of what's been mentioned as "embarrassing" is, IMHO, good music! I like music from the 20's, 30's, 40's, up to now... but I have to admit that I'm only familiar with a few current artists, so I can't really comment on it! I'm sure, though, that someone might look at my collection and see the old big band CD's, like Benny Goodman, Fletcher Henderson and Louis Armstrong and think I'm a little odd, but that's perfectly fine with me.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3