Tribute to B.B King on his 80

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi ,

This is to celebrate the renowned (probably best ) blues guitar player of all times.I never knew that his birthday on 16 sept (just saw in the newspaper today).I really like his style of playing.The uniqueness about his playing is that he uses quite a few notes in his riffs and yet they sound so nice and so complete.Further even at this age of his , he is still performing live , that is very impressive.(i also read in newspaper that King has 15 children out of 15 DIFFERENT women :shock: )Anyways we like his playing right.

Here's to you all cheers B.B. King and i hope i have a Lucille somday :wink:

Hey if you guys want a link to play like him , follow this link by dan cross -

http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa052901a.htm

Enjoy 8)

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

BB king is awesome, have a bunch of his albums and they never bore me. Wish I could have gone to his concert here in Groningen. :( :( :(

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

B.B. King, Gotta love the man. He can say more with one note than most people can with 100. The intro to Sweet Sixteen stills sends chills down my spine when I hear it.

80 years old and still has a touring schedule that would kill a guy half his age. Here's a cool link to a guitar lesson with the man himself.

Lesson With The King

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Got to see him this past august, amazing show, kenny wayne sheppard, joe bonnamaso, robert cray and of course BB

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There's a four-part series - BB King at 80 - currently being broadcast by BBC Radio 2, you can also listen on-line....I posted the link in the news forum....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

i try to play like b b king.Well i can almost never bend notes 1 tone (2 half steps ) higher.And when i try to do the vibrato , it really pain damn in the finger :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

B.B. King, Gotta love the man. He can say more with one note than most people can with 100. .

So true...

I used to think SRV was better than any of the old blues guys.. Turns out he was copying their (Collins, the three Kings.., etc.) licks and playing them faster, sometimes with effects, etc. :roll:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote