Clear all

Trouble is...

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Trouble is I'm here at work and I want to be playing my guitar. I think about it inbetween meetings. I think about it at lunch, I think about it all the time. Does anyone know of a job where I can play guitar 40 hours a week and get paid for it? :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Go to Vegas and become a singing elvis? (or part of a troupe of singing elvi?)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Yea, there's never many want ads in the "Rock Star" section of the classifieds. :cry:

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I think about it inbetween meetings. I think about it at lunch, I think about it all the time.

The fact that you wrote that about guitar rather than sex mean that you're getting old mate... :o

So, you need a job that doesn't feature anything too vigorous, and allows lots of sitting down. Fortunately, there's a guitar job tailor made just for you. Here's the instruction set:

1. Take one large square of cardboard.

2. Write suitably eye catching message on it . Sample:
"Need Money to Pay Therapist. Can't stop Thinking About Guitar Instead of Sex. Please Give Generously."

3. Get a hat or guitar case 'seeded' with a few coins.

4. Learn a repertoire of two or three popular songs that you can repeat endlessly.

5. Master an expression that's cute, sad or appealing in some way. Slightly crazed looking is good, but not dangerously so.

6. Find a public pitch and play your 40 hours. I have a couple of friends (one 10 and cute and playing violin, the other mid 30s, piratical looking and playing guitar) who made excellent money at it.

Good luck - if your songs, your look, and your sign all have that wallet opening quality, you'll make a mint.. :D
(P.S. A suspiciously bottle-shaped brown paper bag is optional)

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Go to work for Guitar Center...........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@denny)
Reputable Member

You sound driven. Teach guitar.

Denny

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

You need to buy 2 guitars and call me in the morning. 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ah, sage advice from you all. Chris, that's a pretty well laid out plan. I'll have to print it out. You know, gettin old and all...

Trouble is, I'd love to take my guitar to work but I'm afraid someone will walk off with it. Ya never know. :shock:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I've ocasionally brought my guitar to work. Heck, I'm at work now.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I think about it inbetween meetings. I think about it at lunch, I think about it all the time.

The fact that you wrote that about guitar rather than sex mean that you're getting old mate... :o

Well, I am young and I do think about playing guitar only.

ReplyQuote