Clear all

Unashamed To Confess

30 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Just wondering what other music all you other guys love which may be considered by your peers to be totally uncool.

Here's my unashamed confession of just a few I love:

Glenn Miller: What a unque sound and great music, I was born too late!

The Spinners: (Liverpool based folk group) Great guitarists and singers of wonderful sea shanties, traditional British and modern folk and a dash of Carribean folk too. I had all their stuff on vinyl and gave it away. Why!

The Carpenters: Great songs, and pair of great musicians RIP Karen, what a voice she had.

Abba: Just brilliant composers of great songs and the girls, need I say more.

Gilbert O'Sullivan: Composer pianist (from Swindon UK), created great catchy songs with great lyrics.

Frank Sinatra: Just love his 1950's capitol albums, atmospheric gems!

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Chris.

Keep taking the tablets mate....sooner or later they'll cure you.

:lol:

Ok here's my list

Frank Sinatra. Before he turned into a caberet singer
Neil Diamond. Before he turned into a caberet singer...
Electric Light Orchestra. Fantastic, underated band.

I'm off to get some of Chris's pills now, oh the shame :oops:

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@blind_lemon_pye)
Trusted Member

Ok, I badly need those tablets too...

- 10CC : Some songs or part of songs are terrific, while other songs or parts are terrible !

- Procol Harum : Can be the best or the worst band in the world, sometimes during the same song !

Oh, and I love Glenn Miller too ! and Cole Porter's songs !

If I'm not in the band
Don't mean I'm square
Mercury Rev - Car Wash Air

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

I'm off to get some of Chris's pills now, oh the shame

Save some for me PLS.

Oh man, i'm a sucker for a avril lavigne :oops: she's at the top of my list

other stuff i've been listening to aswell.

norah jones
Joss Stone
BEP - shut up - i think it's a funky tune
Stacy Orrico - Stuck
Can't remember the name but the song starts with ....the whispers in the morning ...daddada (no icons to relay my level of embarrassment)

Alicia Keys - only got about 2 of her songs
Some of Jewels' stuff

Oh lord and that song "HERO" from mariah carey - the cheese is flowing folkes :D (Please - before i'm banned from this site i haven't listened to that in a long time :oops: :oops: )

Oh and *cough*cough* Hillary Duff *cough*cough* - LET me just say in my **defense** i was given about 3GB of music allsorts and it was in there, so being open minded i kinda went through all of it.

I'm thinking, to save any shred of dignity i have left i should stop now
:oops: :oops:

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Yeah! Minus wins the "first one to mention Mariah Careh is a chump" special prize ! :wink:

Shame on you.

I suggest that you will have to do a forfeit.

Perhaps eating so much chocolate cake that your neck goes as fat as Ms Careh's legs. Why does the woman wear skirts that would suit someone with pins for legs?

I am still laughing, I nearly choked on my breakfast!

What a confession......... :D

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Matt,

Too late I'm afraid the pills don't work. I've always been hooked on these artists.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Must be taking handfuls of them pills before putting your O'Sullivan albums on mate....!!!

Fasciniting thread this, well done.

Amazing the diversity of stuff people like isn't it.

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@tsarcazm)

Dogs: nuthing to bee aashamd of there!

You see a trend tho? All those acts have incridible arranging - vocal or instrumental.

Plus on top of thaat they feature soul/feel above techniqe. you're on to somthing.

Stick with it man!

Practice; don't ask, just practice

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I must confess, I had a sneaking regard for Gilbert O'Sullivan, thought his early stuff...Nothing Rhymed, We Will...until the first time I saw him on Top Of The Pops....

It just happened, though, that "Alone Again Naturally" was high in the charts when my Dad died....I've never been able to listen to that song since...

Sameful secrets though....

"Waiting for a star to fall" - Boy Meets Girl....I've always loved that recorrd for some reason, though even the band name should have me reaching for the vom bucket....

And if I had a root through the attic, doubtless I'd unearth such gems as "Co-co" by The Sweet, "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" by Middle of the Road, "Goodbye To Love" by the Carpenters and even "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family - an ex-girlfriend bought me that.....

that's enough, pass the Prozac Chris.....

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Wang Chung

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I don't think Frank Sinatra or ELO is anything to be embarassed about. Who doesn't like Frank Sinatra! (Maybe this has to do with me being a New Yorker)

I really like John Williams (film composer) and Howard Shore (film composer, did Lord of the Rings music) I think the music these guys make is awesome. I doubt my friends would agree. Well, not about Howard Shore anyways.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Ozark Mountain DareDevils

SuperTramp

Old and in the way

Three Dog Night

The Flying Burrito Brothers

The Monkees

actually, i could go on and on....

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I don't think Frank Sinatra or ELO is anything to be embarassed about. Who doesn't like Frank Sinatra!

Until I saw your post, I was screaming the same thing! Who is ashamed to listen to Old Blue Eyes!?!?! Maybe it's the Italian heritage? :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

SuperTramp

Old and in the way

Three Dog Night

The Monkees

Three Dog Night is nothing to be embarrassed about! They are a great! Mama Told Me Not to Come is one of my favorites. The Monkees aren't anything to be embarrassed about either, they have lots of fun music. Who doesn't like "I'm a Believer??" I guess everybody find what's embarrassing to be different. I was at a concert where some kids were making a joke about Elton John, saying he'd be most embarrassing concert a person could go to - even worse than Celine Dion! Personally, I am not embarrassed about anything I listen to. If I like it, it must have some redeeming qualities - even if it's just plain fun. Here's some stuff in my collection others might find embarrassing..

Creed - but only their first album. I loved it before they really hit big and then it was all down hill from there.

Enrique Iglesias - I own his "Enrique" cd (it has the song Bailamos on it) and I love it! I have even seen him in concert. :P

Other than that, I don't listen to any albums by 'embarrassing' artists but then again I don't think Elton John qualifies, and as a side note, neither does Frank Sinatra. There are some people that have just random songs I really like e.g. Christina Aguilera, George Michael, the Darkness.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

SuperTramp

Old and in the way

Three Dog Night

The Monkees

DUDE! Sueprtramp is the best!! Hide in your Shell, Crime of the Century,Fools Overture, Long way home. Damn good tunes for a band that started out sucking then, like a fine wine, got better with age. :)

Three Dog Night was bitchin' too. I think you need to remove them from your list :?

As far as my own personal list?

Creed- My daughters hate them

Marlyn Manson- The dude rocks but my wife and kids hate him. He reminds me of Alice :twisted: .

ABBA

Ohio Express

Enya

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2