Amaizing but I prefer this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BLQDIM52A&NR=1

(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

That second video is awesome.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Always good to see those again; esp the second one. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Victor Wooten is a talented bassist there is no doubt about that. You should check out Jaco Pastorius, he was his hero and he puts Victor to shame as a musician. A lot of Vic's lines come strait out of Jaco's 1st CD, youd be surprised.

Trust me man, if you like Victor check out Jaco. Victor Wooten wishes he was Jaco.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Victor Wooten is a talented bassist there is no doubt about that. You should check out Jaco Pastorius, he was his hero and he puts Victor to shame as a musician. A lot of Vic's lines come strait out of Jaco's 1st CD, youd be surprised.

Trust me man, if you like Victor check out Jaco. Victor Wooten wishes he was Jaco.

Thanks for the reference! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdY-KAmj5fU

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

He's playing Hendrix's "Third Stone From the Sun" at about 1:35 to 2:05.

but lol that guy has an awesome sense of humor, leaving on the loop, then going back to turn it off.

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Check out his debut album "Jaco Pastorius" it'll change your life. Don't get me wrong though Vic is probably the best bassist alive today (a bouncer threw Jaco out of a club on his head :cry:

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

but lol that guy has an awesome sense of humor, leaving on the loop, then going back to turn it off.

Does anyone know what kind of effect pedal that is? Where it looks like he played a lick, hit the pedal and it just repeated the lick over and over again and while he went and played over the top of it?

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

You should check out Jaco Pastorius

Jaco was something else. His debut album is amazing. I was lucky enough to see him live when he was part of Weather Report.
I bought a starter bass about a month ago and one of the first riffs I learned was the start of Weather Report's Black Market. A simple little 3 note, repeating riff that made me feel like I was Jaco for a few minutes. :D

Don

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

funny thing about that fretless he is playing. It had frets originally but he decided to pry off the "speed bumps".

-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Does anyone know what kind of effect pedal that is? Where it looks like he played a lick, hit the pedal and it just repeated the lick over and over again and while he went and played over the top of it?

No one knows?

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Pretty sure some delay pedals have "loops" on them.

No idea on the specific pedal though.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I've read that it was an MXR delay pedal, but I can't find any info on it. If true, it's from long before Dunlop bought MXR.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote