Clear all

washburn acoustics

23 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i like the look of washburns....before i go shopping/trying can anyone give me some opinions please

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I've come very close to buying one several times and i have tried out 4 or 5 down at my local MF.
They were all well built and sounded great. i especially liked the "Cumberland" and "Timbercraft" series.
My next Dred may well be a Timbercraft Washburn.
Be sure to check out MFs selection, many come with a hardshell case

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I have a D46sce. It is a very nice guitar. I don't remember the specifics right now, but for the price, about $650 CAN, it was a great buy. I haven't had a hitch with it yet, great quality.

I'll just let you know, that I don't think you can go wrong with a Washburn, they are great guitars.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

They are splendid, marvelloso, sexy, superb, easy to play, sound excellent, and will make you very very happy.

I have a Washburn too; model unknown, though the guys at Washburn tell me it's a 2001 something.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I've heard pretty good things about them.

In fact, their ads state that Washburn sells the most acoustic guitars under $500 than any company. If their ads state it, it must be true. And if its true, that means they must be good guitars.

Right?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

They are splendid, marvelloso, sexy, superb, easy to play, sound excellent, and will make you very very happy.

I have a Washburn too; model unknown, though the guys at Washburn tell me it's a 2001 something.

Best,

You sound like one of those guitar peddlers on eBay from the Far East.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I have a couple currently and owned a third. They were all solidly built, easy playing guitars. I'm not a big fan of their entry level guitars or starter packs, but once you go up into the $500 range and above they are very good values.

I own a D70SW Golden Harvest from the early 90's. All solid wood, great tone, fantastic workmanship, but since this was their flagship guitar at the time so it should be.

I also have an earlier model EA-36 Woodstock, fast neck, thin body cutaway. It is also an excellent guitar.

So steer clear of the bargain basement models and you are in for a treat.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

I own a 96 D21S.

I've stated this before in other threads and it still holds true, I've had a lot of name brand (Gibson, Martin, etc...) acoustic guitars but this one is really the nicest, best playing and sounding guitars I've ever had. Great workmanship that I haven't found in similar price ranges. Solid top, solid rosewood back and sides, a really stable, almost electric, thin neck. Great action after a good setup. Grover tuners.

The only thing that I've done to this guitar is install a bone nut and saddle.
the only other problem I've had is that the end pin falls out, from what I've heard this is a common problem with this particular model, I haven't fixed it because I'm sitting on the fence on whether to install a pick-up or not. One part of me says yes, and the other part of me says don't change a thing.

I think the price range of this guitar is around $500 to $600. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Best,

You sound like one of those guitar peddlers on eBay from the Far East.

Aw fang you velly velly much

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

My very first guitar is a Washburn D11. Bought in early 2001, I think the label says it was built in 1999. It's entirely made of "Mountain Ash," laminated of course. It's well put together and finished, looks good, and more importantly sounds great! The tuners are very nice. For an inexpensive guitar, it's a good deal. I still like it, and though my musical tastes have sort of taken me away from the dreadnoughts, I'll always keep that one.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks you guys.....i guess i'd call that a big thumbs up :lol:

i'll go try tomorrow....armed with my credit card :D

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

I bought a Washburn D34 Dreadnaught with a Tobacco Sunburst finish two years ago 8)

I Love it - now it is the only acoustic I own. :D

Great workmanship - great tone/sound. Play it as soft as a kitten or hard with a big deep throaty tone and excellent response.

B.S.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'll second the vote for the D21s, the other Washburn I had was a D22s

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

I've got a cheap washburn D100 - I like it......sounds great...

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@landog)
Eminent Member

I picked up my 1st guitar last month.

As I was wandering through the guitar store, I saw this used guitar looking lonely on the rack next to all these brand new ones.

I knew nothing about guitars, but I fiddled around with it and liked the way it sounded, so I bought it.

It's a Washburn D27s, 1995. I paid 250.00 for it and my guitar teacher says it's a fine, quality instrument.

I've been playing for a whole month now, and I love it.

Cheers,
Steve

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2