Skip to content
Well, I never!... w...

Notifications
Clear all

Well, I never!... what will they think of next!?

21 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

Here you go... print this out, have it next to your guitar while you are learning...

There are lots of neat patterns... the fretboard is designed the way it is because it actually makes sense (most of the time).

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Oh yes!
I see a pattern!
It's like a code . . .
let me see if I got this right . . . I'll try to translate the code . .
Umhh "Paul . . . Paul is . . . Paul is dead"
Yeh, that's what I'm getting . . .
is that right?

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

absolute crap.

if you want to gain strength, speed and dexterity, practice exactly what you wish to improve. the body is amazingly efficient at optimizing itself for repetitive tasks. Or, you can use these abominations to get really good at playing with stupid weights on your fingers. (chicks dig it!!!)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

I heard that if you put on Dark Side of the Moon and play The Wizard of Oz, and start Dark Side when the MGM lion growls, and then record yourself playing each whole note every time Dorothy speaks, each flat note when the Lion speaks and each sharp when the Wicked Witch speaks, then play it backwards you will end up playing Stairway to Heaven. Really.

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

so a guy sends you a book that you already know the contents of as hush money? that's all kinds of funny.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

so a guy sends you a book that you already know the contents of as hush money? that's all kinds of funny.

Oh you heartless cynic! It wasn't like that at all.... :shock:

Just a book for hush money... geez....

No, of course not. I've been milking him for a stiff weekly figure every since. And as long as the cheques keep coming, my integrity is beyond question - I don't blab. The Blackmailer's Code of Honour and all that... :twisted:

OK. Back to reality. He was actually suggesting that I might like to read it and see how he sees guitar, compared with the way I'd seen much the same thing. More like a conversation on a topic of shared interest than "hush money". It seemed like a generous and friendly gesture to me. It was also an entertaining book (very well drawn, in comic book form) that covered many aspects of playing. It was an ebook too (i.e. he just emailed it).

I enjoyed being involved with his site for a while, learned a bit from the crowd there (as well as from him) and ended up posting him a donation for his site. We all seemed to win really. :)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2