Clear all

What did you get for Christmas 2007?

40 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Doesn't winter up north really suck?

I guess it would if you didn't like cold weather and snow. But if you don't mind, or actually some people enjoy it, winter up north is wonderful. Ice skating outside on a frozen pond, skiing and snow shoeing are just some of the things that are tough, if not impossible to do in the southern US states.:wink:

Yeah, I like winter! A Christmas without snow is really depressing for a Canadian :wink:

Here in Montreal, we actually got all the snow we were suppose to get in a normal winter (150 to 200 cm of snow) and the winter is not over yet! :D

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@wrkngclsshero)
Trusted Member

First things first
I used to live in Syracuse, NY and I thought the same thing, however now as a resident of Maryland, I kinda miss th snow. Not the shoveling, but the snow was nice.

Down to business...

Some of you may remember this...
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36206
if not, my new Gibson Faded SG is awesome. Got it in cherry and named him Fireball!

However, quite unexpectedly my sister-in-law got me some cool guitar stuff including: a slide (not sure how to use it yet), strings (elixir's, and the right guage to boot), picks (medium thickness...my fav), guitar cleaner (the boys are getting a tad dingy) and last but not least, The Complete Beatles Scores, WOO HOO!!! Already trying to learn Revolution. If you couldn't guess, I am a huge Beatles fan.

Hope you all had a Happy Holiday and look forward to posting more in the New Year.

"A working class hero is something to be..." -J. Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

I guess it would if you didn't like cold weather and snow. But if you don't mind, or actually some people enjoy it, winter up north is wonderful. Ice skating outside on a frozen pond, skiing and snow shoeing are just some of the things that are tough, if not impossible to do in the southern US states.:wink:

Yeah, I like winter! A Christmas without snow is really depressing for a Canadian :wink:

Here in Montreal, we actually got all the snow we were suppose to get in a normal winter (150 to 200 cm of snow) and the winter is not over yet! :D
Winter only STARTED last Saturday!!! We're pushing a record year in the Boston area also!

ReplyQuote
(@classico)
Estimable Member

well, i'm kinda jewish so no christmas presents for me.
but i did get a nice guitar book for hanuka (the candle thingy) it's "the complete guitarist" by richard chapman
happy holydays everyone :D

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I got a Epi PR-150-VS
I love it :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

A couple bass books: Building Rock Bass Lines, and Bass Grooves, both by Ed Friedland.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Just got back from pulling my son's car out of the ditch. Arrrrgggggg!!!!!! :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

I got a MXR micro amp pedal with a Dimarzio patch cable. My pedal board is almost complete, I just want to get a wah and possibly a reverb pedal(one of my amps, a fender deluxe 112 has it the other ones don't).

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Well, I re-ordered my Fender Blues Deluxe Amp after I got my refund from MusiciansFriend. So that's kind of like a Christmas present, although I ordered it months ago.

But along with the amp, I ordered one of these:

3-Tone Sunburst Mexican-made Deluxe Player's Strat with rosewood fretboard. Unforunately they'll both be coming in with my local music store's next shipment.. which will probably be late January :cry:

I also just ordered the book Music Theory for Guitarists (by Tom Kolb) and the DVD Guitar 411 - Diatonic Theory and Harmony. I can't wait to bust into those two. And one of those Duane Allman Medicine Bottle slides. I am pretty much set 'till I'm 30 with all the stuff I've got.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Unfortunately I had to get them myself, but:

Electro Harmonix Tube Zipper
MG Fuzzyland

Both are amazing.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

TR, I'm with you. 16 years in Vermont and New Hampshire followed by 4 years above Cooperstown gave me all the darned winter I need.

Clockworked, enjoy that amp! It's an amazing product. You'll like it.

I got a Boss OS-2 pedal. I wanted the DS-2, but was discontinued according to the salesman that "helped" my son. I'm quite happy with this one though. It's got overdrive and distortion. I've messed around with it a little bit (as much as my diseased head will allow these days) and I can get anything from grunge to 70's rock on it. I can't wait to be able to crank it and explore it in detail.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@steeder)

A Taylor 414E-LTD - walnut back and sides/sitka spruce top...my dream guitar :D

Happy Holidays!

Steed

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

My Combined Birthday/Christmas gift was an Ovation mandolin. (pix on the "news" page.) My sister gave me an incredible biography of Steve Goodman called "Face the Music". It's 700 pages long, and I've been reading it every night this week in lieu of everything else! I haven't even picked up my guitar, but as soon as I do, I'm gonna play "The Dutchman, City of New Orleans, and Yellow Coat. "
My boss gave me a guitar necklace, earrings and pin: stylin! I guess the people I work with know where my mind is most of the time by now! :D

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

An Epi Valve Junior. :D

Likin' it? I love mine. :D

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

My wife gave me the new Tascam Guitar Trainer- it's mp3 based so it's quite compact. Been having a lot of fun with it. I transferred the CD's from a couple of guitar instruction books I've been working from. I can slow the tempo down and I can select a portion of a track and loop it, say If I am working on a specific part of a riff. Quite the tool, it is!

I also got a guitar strap, a DVD, and a few CD's.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3