Clear all

What did you get for Christmas 2007?

40 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@dubyatf)
Trusted Member

I got a few music related things -

- A Marshall 1960B Speaker Cabinet to prop up my 1960A cabinet. You never can have too many speakers in a 14x12 office. :shock:

- An intro. guitar lesson which I redeemed today (more on that in another thread).

- I also got every Rolling Stone ever published made on DVD in a boxed set. It's called Rolling Stone Cover To Cover and was about $50 at Costco. I installed it (the reader) earlier and so far I'm having as much fun looking at the ads as I am reading the articles. :D

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Just got back from pulling my son's car out of the ditch. Arrrrgggggg!!!!!! :lol:

That explains the subtle expression you are having in your avatar, right ? :lol:

I got myself a a resolution to get something next year somehow..

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

christmas brought me a Tascam DP-01FX. I'm getting used to it, and how to use it, and how to play in front of a microphone (it's more daunting than I'd thought) so you're gonna have to wait a lil for soundclips. I also got a Samson microphone of some sort, and a mic stand, as well as strings and picks galore.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I got two calendars (Fender Custom Shop and Vintage Guitars) which are both really cool. I also got a gift card to my favorite local shop. That's it guitar related. I pretty much have everything I need now, and with doing renovations to the house, well, my money is going elsewhere. Priorities I guess.

I do have a new amp on my short list though. I've been eying a Mesa/Boogie Rectoverb for a few months. If I run across a good deal on a used one, I'll probably jump on it.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Bought meself a MBOX Factory Bundle.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Pro-Tools-Mbox-2-Factory-Package?sku=702527
I've just started learning how to use the Pro Tools software. Its pretty powerfull stuff. Looks like I'm going to need to purchase an external harddrive now.

My first impression is that this package should fits my needs perfectly. Its got everything I'll need to record guitar(s), bring in drum loops, add effects and play with moog synth. Now I need to learn HOW to do all this crap!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Doesn't winter up north really suck?

Not if your snowmobile is faster than the neighbour's Vette :twisted:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I saw a sled on a cop car once over 20 years ago. Some drunk who was hauling tail and didn't realize he was jumping a side street until he landed on the parked townie. I can't remember the whole thing, but I think he might have been being chased by a game warden or something.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

I saw a sled on a cop car once over 20 years ago. Some drunk who was hauling tail and didn't realize he was jumping a side street until he landed on the parked townie. I can't remember the whole thing, but I think he might have been being chased by a game warden or something.

Which is why you don't drive drunk, especially on a sled that runs 0-60 in ~3 seconds.

OT testosterone boast: The game wardens here all ride 250 Bravos. Not a hope in hell of even coming close to my rig :twisted:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Only one I ever had was an Artic Cat Panther. '72 model I think, with a 240 maybe? Went from 0-30 in just under an afternoon. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

:lol:

I really need something slower, so I don't scare myself so often...

Maybe...I need to let off the throttle some :evil:

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3