Skip to content
what happened to th...

Notifications
Clear all

what happened to the 'I don't like this artist' thread?

14 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry..am I missing something or this thread has been erased??

thanks

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

my guess is it was deleted. Anddd, I'm not surprised, from the get go I figured it would be, only a matter of time. People get touchy about their music. It took a lot for me to hold back when Billy Joel's name was mentioned. But, instead of goin crazy at the forum, I just made his shrine that I have in my bedroom even more glorious. :lol:

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I wonder if it went to the same place as that thread with the naked chicks?

Damn - I missed that one!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, it did.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

I kinda found it interesting to see who didn't like what or who, cos I think just about everyone doesn't like someone they feel they should, but I guess this has just become a world where everyone conforms and is politically correct, god forbid anyones feelings get miffed.

Scott

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Hard to believe people get so uptight over Ayn Rand ...

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I thought it was an interesting thread, too! And, I was sorry to see it was gone. It's just a shame that it couldn't stay civil. :(

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I thought it was an interesting thread, too! And, I was sorry to see it was gone. It's just a shame that it couldn't stay civil. :(

Wasn't there any way just the "uncivil" bits could have been cut? Instead of losing the whole discussion, which was pretty civilised and good-humoured for the most part?

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

Vic,

I don't want my uncivil bits cut.....that sounds painful ;)

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Wasn't there any way just the "uncivil" bits could have been cut? Instead of losing the whole discussion, which was pretty civilised and good-humoured for the most part?

Vic

Exactly....I think it was quite mature and it revealed aspects of each other that we didn't know before...and yes, all that you had to do people was delete the offensive comments, not the whole thread!...oh,well, life continues.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

maybe the mods feel some threads are going to end up going down that same road no matter what. Also, deleting each individual post? They aren't paid employees, you know?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Thank you, Taso!

I'm sure that the mod who deleted it felt that he had good reason for doing so. I can't tell you what his reasoning was, he doesn't have to check with me!!! I do respect him and his decisions enough to know that he didn't delete it to be spiteful, or to ruin a perfectly good thread. If he felt that it was, indeed, a perfectly good thread, it would still be here. It's really a moot point now, though, since it HAS been deleted.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I read the thread up until Friday and I didn't think there was anything wrong with anything said..THIS IS the Opinion and Poll section, are we now censoring opinions also.

I have trouble with that. Yes this is a great site and the mods have done a good job at maintaining a non-confrontational forum but sometimes it's a bit overboard.

As long as there is no profanity or personal attacks I think it was wrong to delete the thread.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'm the culprit. We had concerns about the direction it was taking and I didn't have the time or patience to sort through individual posts. As Elektrablue said, the forum is about polite and civil discussion. Some participants did not honor that agreement -- removing the thread was not a decision based on the opinions that were expressed but rather on the manner in which some of the opinions were expressed.

I, too, am sorry that the thread had to be removed.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote