Clear all

What is your Holy Grail?

49 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Hey...I just noticed my last post was #499. So, okay. Mow it's an even 500! :roll:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

Mine is the delicious slide solo in U2's Bullet the Blue Sky. It's one of the coolest songs I've ever heard and it reminds me a lot of something the great Wes said a long time ago about Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner. It was so impressionable it stuck with me. But he called Jimi's divebombs and little inter-note flourishes "the sound of bombs dropping and terror on the ground." It was brilliant a brilliant statement. I hear the same thing in the Edge's solo. Much like Wes's statement I hear the overheard drone of a fighter and each time the Edge hammers that low E it's another bomb. It's such a militant solo. I wish I could achieve that kind of expression.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

something in the way she moves me by JT
for my wife.

Tim

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member

The Star Spangled Banner (exactely the way Jimi played it at Woodstock) for an instrumental.
For a lyrical song, probably something by Yngwei Malmsteen. (I recently heard this cat, oh my god!)

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4