Clear all

What would you name your band?

67 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
12.3 K Views
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Utensil - My fave, what a pretty word!Heh! There's something I'd forgotton all about... Way back when I had a band and we were trying to decide on a name, our drummer kept mentioning Utensil, thinking it was the first time each time. Litereally every time the subject was brought up we'd get "Lads, what about 'Utensil'?". Eventually that phrase became the answer to any question you should have known the answer too. I guess you probably had to be there :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'd always thought that if I could find enough female players (around my age) to form a band, we could call ourselves "BooBs" - Bunch of old Broads!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'd always thought that if I could find enough female players (around my age) to form a band, we could call ourselves "BooBs" - Bunch of old Broads!! :D

That would be a good name, it might be better though if you had a old male drummer, he'd feel out of place, and it would be good for chatter in between songs.

Nice one Wes, but around here you'd probably get beat up and shunned for tricking people when it comes to beer.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You could have some fun with calling a band "My Naked Mother-In-Law".

"And tonight, for one night only, My Naked Mother-In-Law!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Elecktrablue

Wow, BooBs is even better than Free Beer! :D

Greybeard, I think I feel ill. I loved my Mother-in-law, but I sure didn't want to see her naked. :shock:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Wes,
can you imagine the reaction in somewhere like a biker bar? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Greybeard

Hmmm..... interesting thought. I think bikers would be cool with it. Some of those biker chicks are pretty rough looking.

Totally off subject, but I had to break up a fight in a bar where we were playing once. I had to grab this little biker chick and pin her arms behind her back, she was slapping this huge biker. He was actually afraid of her. She was plenty mad at me too. I finally agreed to let her go if she would stop struggling. When I let her go she turned around to me with her fists balled. I was ready to duck if necessary. I told her someone called the cops and she left the bar quickly. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Friday night and last night I was at the local annual Harley Party - 3 days of Harley freaks on land surrounding a beer garden. Some of the women certainly looked like they could handle themselves, although, being Germany, many more looked more suited to office politics than anything else - "bikers" in designer black leather, I ask you.
Some nice looking Harleys, though.

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have two supervisors at work that are both musicians. Both asked me to attend jams yesterday, but we had a gig. One jam is annual and called, "Booze, Blues, and Beer". I really wanted to attend that, they get big crowds.

One supervisor's band is named Gutter Boogie. The other's is called Daz. Daz is short for Dazzle.

I liked those band names by Ghost. :D

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

Wow, BooBs is even better than Free Beer!

Wes, 'blue... imagine the crowds you'll draw when your band share the stage:

Tonight only: BooBs and Free Beer!

:shock:

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

ROFLMAO! :D It takes a real degenerate mind to link those together! :D (Just kidding!) Would probably draw a pretty good crowd at that, though! Especially if you reverse the billing ... Free Beer and BooBs!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

That's a tough one for deciding the order! Who would you rather do the encore? Free beer or BooBs.

Ah heck (using Mel Brooks voice as King Louie in History of the World), JAM SESSION!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alright, I gotta go catch the Sox game!

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I've always thought "Fallen Rock" would be a good name for a classic rock cover band.
And the posters and stage decoration are already designed...

Not to mention all the free advertising that the highways department would be doing for you... :lol:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

I have to say that I prefer Free Beer and BooBs. Then again, I am girl so I wouldn't really be the target audience. Bunch of Old Broad's, BooB's. is pure genius! These names kind of remind me of the movie PCU - tonight at the Pitt, 'Everyone Gets Laid.'

wes - At least I am not alone in thinking that Utensil is a pretty word.

I doubt anyone is interested but I should at least say that the "Birdman Cult" is a real thing from Easter Island. It was taken up after that civilization stopped building those huge stone heads. There are some cool drawings that go along with the cult - great band artwork.
Utensil - My fave, what a pretty word!Heh! There's something I'd forgotton all about... Way back when I had a band and we were trying to decide on a name, our drummer kept mentioning Utensil, thinking it was the first time each time. Litereally every time the subject was brought up we'd get "Lads, what about 'Utensil'?". Eventually that phrase became the answer to any question you should have known the answer too. I guess you probably had to be there :mrgreen:
He sounds like a really smart person to me. See, Utensil wasn't so crazy of an idea, betcha didn't think it would show up here.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

A friend of mine had a band years ago named "Home brew "We were going to re-establish it then thought why not come up with something original .

Since I can't play that well and neither of us can really sing , we thought of
" BAD" would be pretty close to the mark .

Then we thought well that will already be in use so we have come up with this name , now this is depending on me learning the guitar and Dave learning to sing , so it could be a long , long time coming but we think it's a very hip and groovey name ( boy I am old )

"Sands of Egypt"

WE probably will never form this band but it's something ,,,,

We actualy got the idea from another friend who wants to go to Egypt and he told me that Egypt doesn't have that much sand , I don't know if he is pulling my leg or what . But if Egypt does not have that much sand it will fit into the band as we won't have that much talent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let the music begin
Hilch

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5