38 Users
0 Likes
12.3 K Views
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I toyed with the idea of a Grateful Dead Tribute Band
with the name Uncle John's Band that way my nephews
and nieces would not have to learn the name of the band.

More recently I gave the name Johnny And The Lovemakers
to my latest online jam because the song title was
"Time For Makin' Love"

That one is starting to grow on me.

I have a guitarist friend named John and a neighbor named
John who plays drums so if we could find the right bass player
we could really confuse things.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

If Uncle Fester or Billy Corgan showed up at one of my gigs, I'd probably throw a stompbox at them, and run away screaming.

I always sort of wanted to name a band after a person who wasn't in it, or someone you didn't know. Like "The Alexander Thompson Machine". Or something like that.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Back in high school, my friends and I always talked about starting a band named 'In Appropriate Places'...thought it was clever at the times...guess it still might be, haha :smile:

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

PigFilth
Luster's Destiny
Papyrus For Josephus (after watching Mel Brooks' "History of the World" the other day)
R.A.R.E. (Rock And Roll Extreme) - wanted to use this one in the 80's
Bad Alice (came up with somewhere between Alice Cooper's heyday and Alice In Chains - circa 1986)

I've come up with tons of them through-out the last 22 years I've been playing. Some could be good, some were just for kicks or very tongue-in-cheek. If I really need one, it's gonna depend on other people in the band. I sang for a blues-rock band in the very early 90's in Memphis, TN and we were called The River Rats.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

ThE FuGliEs

If I was involved

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

My current band is named "Spade"-the memebrs are Sean, Phil, Adam, Dave, Eric.
I also once played in a band named "Condoleeza's Rice"

Other cool names that i've actually seen and liked are "Northern Crud," "Rasputin," and "Mother Goose."

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Oldlove
hot shocklit
rockblox
save a buck

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I had a buddy who was in a 5 piece band called "Four Dreams and a Nightmare". I asked him which one he was, and of course he told me he was the Nightmare. And if you knew this guy you would believe it. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

My heavy metal band would be called Total Depravity--an army of teenagers would think this was cool, until they found that behind the distortion was an unexpected Calvinist message.

Similarly, if I had a pretty blonde for a lead singer, I would call my band, Irresistible Grace--(same disappointed group of kids) :lol:

Ghost Rider 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Anyone I play with, or will soon play with, are engineers of some sort like myself. My son wants to be one too and he plays the drums, so an obvious name for us might be The Geeks.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

A Tenner Short

In fact it will probably be my epitaph as well:

Here lies Chuckster
Still a tenner short.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Another name that I had forgotten when thi thread started up was Spurrel Fitzpatrick.

Somewhere down the line, many generations ago, a man with the name Spurrel moved into a catholic town, being a prostetant in those times he couldn't marry the girl he was after. So he changed his name, creating a new one, Spurvey. They got married and started a family. Thus making me a relative of every Spurvey in the world.

Somewhere down the lines in my mothers family, great-great-grandfather or somesuch, there was a man with the last name Fitzpatrick. He was in the Irish Army, and wanted out, so he jumped ship when they docked in St. John's and moved to the Trinity Bay area, changing his last name to Moore.

I would only use this in a solo project though. I think it would be a neat story to tell if someone asked me why I used a stage-name.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I like food names.

"Hot Sliced Pickles" or some such :0

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

When I created my Soundclick band page I pulled "2 Steps Back" out of the air. It has a ring to it but I have no idea why it came to mind. Maybe because my buddy and I at the time were playing older sounding rock stuff.

One of the guys I jam with weekly uses "Yesterday's Lunch" when he records stuff. I told him "Beer For Brunch" would be cool too.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Bad Sign

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5