What's it worth?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@oldskoolrob)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Howdy guys,
Contemplating selling one of my guitars but I get conflicting views on how much I should ask.
1973 Hagstrom Swede, heavilly patina'd and massive mojo but very good structurally and all original except for pickup rings and neck pickup Kent Armstrong, hooked to factory coil tap, and bridge pickup is '94 Gibson PAF. Professionally set up.

Opinions??

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Hard to tell.

Gruhn's is selling this one:
EZ5157 Hagstrom HG-800 mid 1970s EXC, two humbucking pickups, replacement bridge, missing trem arm, three-tone sunburst finish, HC
for $550

There's a few different models on E-bay right now, asking wildly varying prices.

Like everything, it'll depend on what buyers are willing to pay. Used guitars are a very fickle market.
If you get a collector, and there is something special about the one you have, then you might get a great price.
If yours is more common, then I wouldn't expect to get rich.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@bluesjamguy)

Beautiful guitars! Bought a late 70's swede for (honestly) $666 about 8 years back.

ReplyQuote
(@oldskoolrob)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, never looking to get rich. Just don't play it much at the moment (have too many guitars lol) and could use the money to pay bills and didn't want to rip myself off or look like pretentious... I think I payed too much for it .... :s
Is a nice guitar though. Cheers.

ReplyQuote