Skip to content
What's the deal wit...

Notifications
Clear all

What's the deal with Coheed and Cambria?

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Anybody out there listen to these guys? I love "A Favor House Atlantic" but I'm having trouble getting into any of their other stuff. Is that song not typical for them. It's hard to get a feel for what kind of band they are. I do love the guy's voice though. Is he channelling Geddy Lee?

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I think he does channel Geddy Lee, with Xtra Powar. I wouldn't say it's atypical for them, exactly. None of their songs really sound the same in the way that some bands do. Each one has its own hook, which is one of the reasons I love them. It is a little poppier than some of their songs. May I ask what else you've heard by them? I think their latest album is a little closer to A Favor House Atlantic than the others are. It's got the same sense of forward motion, with less time dedicated purely to rocking out.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I think the real question is, "What's the deal with Corn nuts...Is it a corn, or is it a nut?!"

I think CNEV might appreciate that one.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Corn nuts?

Don't think Pet would appreciate that....with all her allergies, corn nut's be a one way ticket to anaphylactic shock....

Where the hell is she anyway....well Texas is the answer to that, snuggling up to Marvellous Optimist.....but I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since about mid-October.....anyone else heard from her? Haven't even seen her on MSN......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I am a little torn here. I had heard the band mentioned before but never heard anything. Saw this post and a video on MTV and decided to try them out. As I pretty much always do these days with new music, I downloaded a copy of the new CD and really enjoyed it. Since I enjoy, I then buy the CD. I went to a Wherehouse music at lunch today. They only had a "Edited" copy with "Clean" in the albumn descriptions. I am not really sure whay they would be editing, but I won't buy it just on that grounds. Then I looked closer, and they are on Sony/BMG. I am not buying any Sony stuff because of the rootkit DRM stuff.

So, my problem is that I want to support the band, in my small purchase way. Maybe iTunes some? Does Sony get a big fat share of that too?

To everyone wondering about the music, it's very theatrical, might be considered "Progressive Rock." I've been listening to this new album all day and it hasn't gotten old.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

They only had a "Edited" copy with "Clean" in the albumn descriptions. I am not really sure whay they would be editing, but I won't buy it just on that grounds.
Eeew. I won't buy censored albums either.

ReplyQuote
(@nothing_to_lose)

Hahaha...corn nuts, awesome. Some well placed Family Guy. Congrats

Why *are* there so many songs about rainbows?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Are you sure these guys arn't the Villi Manilli of metal? That wussy voice don't sound like it should be coming out of an ogre... :lol:
A little skinny guy from Rush, Yeah! But not an ogre!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since about mid-October.....anyone else heard from her? Haven't even seen her on MSN......

I talked to her a week or two ago on AIM. Her and Andrew were looking at houses. IIRC she said she had to go back sometime soon. Can't remember the date though...........

Mike

Edit: I just talked to her on AIM.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Are you sure these guys arn't the Villi Manilli of metal? That wussy voice don't sound like it should be coming out of an ogre... :lol:
A little skinny guy from Rush, Yeah! But not an ogre!
Yeah, it's quite a contrast.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Never heard of them before, but I just listened to a bunch of C&C samples on iTunes and there is definitely an early-Rush vibe to their work. I kept expecting to come across a cover of "By-Tor and the Snow Dog." Anyway, it sounds good and I'll probably d/l some of the songs. Thanks for posting this thread (and to Izabella, for that awesome "Guess That Riff" post.)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote