Notifications
Clear all

Whats Up

34 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

By my own choice, I'm spending Thanksgiving by myself! :D I got a Cornish game hen and a box of stuffing mix and a pumpkin pie. I'm about to put my "tiny turkey" in the oven, and after I eat, I intend to do absolutely nothing for the entire rest of the day! It's going to be a great day!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hanging with my best friend. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Been working lots of overtime for months on end now, so I am super thankful just to have 4 days off.

I spent today with my kids, didn't do much of anything, but that's exactly what I wanted to do today. :D

Finally received my Zoom HD8CD recorder, I plan on spending the holiday trying to figure it out. It came with a 200+ page manual, I am a little overwhelmed to say the least. :shock:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Like Elecktrablue, I'm spending T-Day alone, having potato soup and a one-apple-crisp.

UNlike Geoo, I'm NOT blowing off homework, which is why I stayed home. :twisted:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Just the three of us for the first time ever. Handed the electric knife to my son for his first bird carving. Probably better than having me do it with the stuff I'm on. :lol:

We did the traditional fare. turkey, stuffing, gravy, etc, etc. A couple of neighbors came over for cheesecake and coffee later on. There ain't nothing like Vicodin and a good coffee buzz at the same time. yee-haw!!!!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

By my own choice, I'm spending Thanksgiving by myself! :D I got a Cornish game hen and a box of stuffing mix and a pumpkin pie. I'm about to put my "tiny turkey" in the oven, and after I eat, I intend to do absolutely nothing for the entire rest of the day! It's going to be a great day!! :D

Reminds me of my favorite Christmas tune: Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses. Hope you enjoyed!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

"There ain't nothing like Vicodin and a good coffee buzz at the same time. yee-haw!!!!"

lol that's one i hope to never try, but sounds like a loopy buzz for sure.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Spending it at work ....... shhhhh ... don't tell them I'm on line.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Spending it at work ....... shhhhh ... don't tell them I'm on line.

I'm at work also...Shhhhhh......Don't want to wake up 333 :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

"There ain't nothing like Vicodin and a good coffee buzz at the same time. yee-haw!!!!"

Sounds like fun to me :twisted:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I won't get into details about my thanksgiving day or the day after, but there is this word that is an abomination against man on these days and the six weeks after Turkey Day. The word "retail". It is a dirty word. Yeah verily, the greedy art destined to burn in hell. I just want 2 days off in a row not dealing with morons!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like fun to me :twisted:

Yeah, I had a pretty good time. Slept till 1:30 this afternoon. :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

97Reb, our local paper today was headed up with the stories about "Black Friday" (I hate that name!) madness. People waiting in line at 5:00 a.m., rushing and trampling one another, people saying they were in line till store personnel moved them and others jumped in front, people saying they'd just grab everything they could and put it in their cart, then get another cart before checking out to sort out what they really wanted to buy... It is sad that our economy rises and falls on the level of greed that people indulge in this "season of giving."

The one bright spot in the article this morning was about a lady who was telling another she missed getting a Cabbage Patch Doll for her granddaughter. Another lady heard her and slipped one over her shoulder. "I grabbed three, and only need two," she said.

It's not limited to the US. I read about a week ago of a Chinese superstore running a sale on rapeseed cooking oil. Several shoppers were trampled to death when the doors opened. Was that greed, or desperation? Where's the line? Lots of these frantic US shoppers aren't wallowing in luxury, but are desperate to get things they think their family members "have to have" and can't afford, at least unless they hit the super sale. Material things have come to represent love, or sometimes substitute for it. Their crazy greedy behavior is altruistically motivated. It's a mixed up world we live in.

I certainly don't envy your having to work in retail in this time.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Reminds me of my favorite Christmas tune: Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses. Hope you enjoyed!

LOL! I had never heard that one, so I looked up the lyrics and now I have to hear the song! I especially liked the reference...

"With the world's smallest turkey
Already in the oven, nice and hot"

Thanks, Greg, for letting me know that was out there! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Here's a YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jy4X87fDk4

The video is a lip sync, but the music is the original.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3