What's Your Dream Concert Day?

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

<Inspired by a thread with Mr. Lewis>

OK, so here's the scoop. Three main music acts, two hours each. Two 1/2 hour sets filling in the middle in between the first and second and second and third sets in addition to a thirty minute warm-up act. Any acts of all time. Hendrix not alive? No problem. He is for this. No rules. Just plain old fun. I'll start.

Opening Act: J. Geils Band (performing their stuff before they became pop stars)
First Act: Led Zep
First Intermission: Hendrix
Second Act: Pink Floyd
Second Intermission: Robert Johnson
Third Act: (The Stones, doing a set of stuff that I have not seen them do yet.)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@alangreen)

Hmmmmmm

Warm and sunny
An endless supply of good ale
A sold-out audience singing every word back at me

Oh, I gotta follow the rules. OK

Opening Act: Tough call. David Bowie, I think, although I might opt for The Clash (they were good live)
First Act: Queen
First Intermission: Supergroup time - Alex Lifeson, Brian May, Slash, Flea, Taylor Hawkins, and Freddie Mercury
Second Act: Muse
Second Intermission: Beatles - unplugged
Third Act: Rush (ok, no surprises there)

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Gotta agree with ALan on the Ale,

Lets see

Opening Act: Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

First Act: XPensive Winos

Intermission: James Gang

Second Act: Jeff Beck Group (Truth Era)

second Intermission: Faces

Headliner: Stones (Big Surprise huh?)

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Well, as long as we're dreaming:

Opening Act: Pink Floyd
First Act: The Who
First Intermission: George Harrison
Second Act: The Stones
Second Intermission: The Beatles
Third Act: Led Zeppelin

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hmm, tough one.

Venue - my back garden.

Opening act - Small Faces. 30 mins would just give them time to run through about 10 of their hits, but Tin Soldier, My Mind's Eye and All Or Nothing would be mandatory.

First Act - Status Quo. Not particularly bothered which incarnation, or what they played - I'd enjoy it.

Intermission - The Plastic Ono Band (Toronto Incarnation.) Lennon, Clapton, Voorman and White - 30 mins should be just long enough to get through Blue Suede Shoes, Money, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Yer Blues, Cold Turkey and Give Peace A Chance.

Second Act - The Yardbirds. Since we're allowed to cheat, Messrs Clapton, Beck and Page will all be on stage together, trading licks.

2nd Intermission - The Faces. Their 30 mins would be taken up with Stay With Me, Pool Hall Richard, Cindy Incidentally, Maybe I'm Amazed and Losing You. Time permitting, add Every Picture Tells A Story.

Headliners - The Rolling Stones. The band would be Mick Keef Woody Charlie and Bill, with special guest appearances by Mick T and Brian J, with Nicky Hopkins and Ian Stewart on keys, and Bobby Keys Jimmy Price and Jim Horn on brass. Set list would be anything I felt like listening to and they'd come on just as it was getting dark and play till dawn. About 3 days later.

Sadly, no room for the Who, Mott, The Beatles, CCR, Dylan, Lou Reed, Nazareth, U2, Free, Led Zep....but then again, there's always next week..............

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

For me

Opening Act: Hank Sr
First Act: Johnny cash
First Intermission: Kris Kristofferson
Second Act: Wilie nelson
Second Intermission: Waylon Jennings
Third Act: Allman Bro's(With dickie Betts)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Opening Act - Pablo Casals (cello)
First Act - The Beatles (hey, you GOTTA)
1st Intermission - Tom Waits
2nd Act - Bob Dylan (c. Rolling Thunder Revue)
2nd Intermission - Robert Johnson
3rd Act - Blues Jam involving (not necessarily all at the same time) Luther Allison, Muddy Waters, Mick Taylor, Jeff Beck, T Bone Walker, Magic Sam, SRV, Freddie King, Otis Rush, Johnny Guitar Watson, Peter Green (c. Bluesbreakers/Early Fleetwood Mac), Jimi Hendrix, Bill Evans (on piano), Coltrane, Miles Davis, Hubert Sumlin, Howlin' Wolf 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk31242CnkU&feature=related

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Some of you got creative. Sadly, I didn't. I can always re-do mine and figure out a way to get The Traveling Wilburys in there.

Alan, how about a Punk Fest for one of the slots? Send The Clash and The Ramones up there doing their songs together in a massive feeding frenzy of Punk until someone's head explodes? (Preferably that guy behind me who's been talking on his cell phone all night. :twisted:

Scrybe, I'm so there.

Crkt - Did you see them this year at the Creek?

Tele - How could I forget the Winos. I am so out of sorts these days.

Lots of tasty looking sets everyone. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

free beer and reefer (OK, now we need pizza) served by a sex goddess
cushioned lounger

Opener - R.E.M. (Losing my Religion) to warm up the crowd
First act - Beatles (come on, Roy admit it. You forgot them)
1st intermission - Allman Brothers (Blue Sky & Ramblin' Man)
2nd act - John Denver (almost went with Bob Dylan - I know, I know. No comparison - but I miss JD and raising the dead is cool)
2nd intermission - Cream (White Room & Strange Brew)
3rd act - Dire Straits

and with that I'm good

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I didn't forget the Beatles, Ken. Just using them as stage-hands. :lol:

Roy

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow this would be really tough, Bowie would be there somewhere for me along with Queen after that there are a million other bands. Since I've seen Bowie several times and Queen once already I wouldn't mind seeing the James Gang or Counting Crows, maybe even GNR (not a big fan of the band but I do like Slash) maybe some RHCP mixed in and just to get some head banging in there maybe alittle Metallica and Pantera!

I'll let the Stones and Beatles work the gates.

I'd let Cream play but I've been playing too many of their songs lately so I'm a little overdosed on them.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Opening Act: Screamin' Jay Hawkins
First Act: Radiohead
First Intermission: Syd Barrett
Second Act: Chopin
Second Intermission: The Levellers
Headliners: Me. :P

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Who are you taking about the Allmans?

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Well....
Back in the day, I was pretty well known for going on three day binges and ending up at concerts along the way....
So;

I would have to be in my early 20's again and I would start at Teleplayer's concert,
make my way over to Scybe's and then hop on over to see Arjen's :D

Leaving me free to skip Peter Green in my own concert (hopefully he tagged along with me so far anyway :wink: ),
as well as Syd Barrett.

Opening act: Van Morrison at a party in 1967 sitting in a corner with an acoustic doing all the songs he would put on Astral Weeks the next year. (just to put us in the mood)

First act: The Band (and everyone else who joined them at The Last Waltz)

First intermission: Otis Redding with The Colonel & the Duck on strings.

Second Act: Derek & The Dominos with special guests: Duane Allman, George Harrison (with Magical Mystery tour Strat), Delaney (with Harrison's rosewood Tele), Bonnie, Steve Winwood, & Leon Russell. (Maybe Carl Perkins too)

Second intermission: Jazz Band pickup with At least Dexter Gordon, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins, Thelonius Monk, & Charlie Mingus. (And they would have to play 'I'm a Fool to Want You' and 'Goodbye Pork Pie Hat')

Headliners: Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin (from Monterey)

Then Home,
Where Jim Croce would play 'Time in a Bottle' for my sons lulaby while I put him to bed :D

Ken

ps
If anyone adds Springsteen after 'Nebraska' (before Born in the USA), I'M THERE!

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Who are you taking about the Allmans?

Oh yeah. Just bit ambigouis, eh? :oops: Yes, ABB.

Roy

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2