Clear all

Whats your guitar fantasy,

18 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Won't like to die...after getting the fantasy fulfilled.

But, if you ask mine, it would be to play a concert and make people enjoy it to the maximum.

Hope that day comes someday. :note1: :note2:

(@joeyfivethumbs)
Eminent Member

Mine isn't very grand. I would just like to be able to pickup my guitar and improvise blues music. I see many videos of people doing their own little blues jams on youtube, looks effortless and fun. That's where I would like to be.

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

Mine is to be the record-breaking, oldest living human in all of recorded history (at least 150 years old) and still able to play the guitar. ;)

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Does it have to be sexually related? :roll:

No - kiddin', but does it have to be one?

I have plans for two gigs I would really like to do:
1. The entire 'A hard days night' album
2. The entire 'Blonde on blonde' album

I'm afraid I might have to kick my band mates' a** a little to make them practice more, but in 10-15 years time, it should be achieveable

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

I don't really tend to have ‘Play with Famous Person' or ‘Headline Stadium Gig' type fantasies. I tend to prefer Dreams to Fantasies. I see Fantasies as being about things aren't happening now and won't be happening later either (as my dictionary says “a series of pleasing mental images, usually serving to fulfill a need not gratified in reality. An illusion.”).

Dreams, on the other hand, are about things that might happen, and which I can then set about turning into reality with a bit of planning and work. So here's my Guitar Dream instead.

It's not new, in fact it dates back for more than two years now. It's also more like a general music dream. It has been updated a little bit since then, and now looks rather like this:

• Make up for lost time and learn to play the guitar
    Get good enough to play a few songs
    Find a friendly online community of people to discuss playing guitar
    Do the same with people in my own neighbourhood
    Join group of friends in small band to play every week
    Learn how to write simple songs
    Get some basic skills in other instruments like keyboards, bass and drums
    Learn more about composition and music in general
    Write, play, and record some of my own songs
    Amuse self and friends with songs, try and improve further, and continue to enjoy playing with others
  • It has the great advantage over Guitar Fantasies in that:

a) It really IS what I'd most like to do, and
    b) I can (and do) now wake up every morning and actually live it. :) :note1: :note2: :note2:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
    (@kevin72790)
    Prominent Member

Hehe my fantasy/dream? Tour the world and send my message...who knows. ;) It's fun to dream/fantasize LOL!

ReplyQuote
    (@alangreen)

The fantasy is being on stage jamming, Slash looks over and says "Hey, wow, how d'you do that?"

The dream is to make enough of a living out of my axe to get out of investment Banking

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
    I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
    Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
    (@oenyaw)
    Reputable Member

To make enough money that I could quit the day job. (It wouldn't take much.)

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
    http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
    (@rparker)
    Illustrious Member

This is a difficult one for me. I guess just to be able to talk through it ala Knopfler, Gilmour, Derekslide, etc.

Roy
    "I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
     Taso
    (@taso)
    Famed Member

lol, same as yours basically OP. Still dream of Clapton "calling up one lucky fan" to play with him as MSG, and it being me :P

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
    (@kent_eh)
    Noble Member

Mine is to be the record-breaking, oldest living human in all of recorded history (at least 150 years old) and still able to play the guitar. ;)

A great quote I heard:

"I don't plan to become immortal thru my art. I plan to do it by not dying.
    So far, so good."

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
    So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
    (@ghost-rider)
    Reputable Member

To busk at Waterfront Station, and be so jaw-dropping excellent, that the whole station gets filled, pedestrian traffic gets backed up, and people can't get off the Skytrain, Seabus, and West Coast Express commuter train. (and to get it on video by the local media)(oh, ya, and have the police show up for crowd control)

*Gives his head a shake*

Probably ain't gonna happen....unless of course, I time it right :lol:

:note1:--------- :note2:
    Ghost --- Rider

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
    (@urbancowgirl)
    Reputable Member

Right now I would be happy just having a list of several songs I can play well and some nice people to hang out and play with.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
    (@rparker)
    Illustrious Member

Right now I would be happy just having a list of several songs I can play well and some nice people to hang out and play with.

It'll happen! No problem. Lots of nice fantasies on this thread, but I like this one the bestus.

Roy
    "I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
    (@minotaur)
    Noble Member

My fantasy:

To get up on a stage at a company function: picnic, Holiday party; or a family event, maybe a wedding or some other gathering of people I know, who don't know I play (well I don't, I'm just learning :oops: ) and are blown away when I play in a small band with others, and have a great time doing it.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
    Page 1 / 2