Clear all

Which Fender Tube Amp?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

If I had a chance to buy a nice Fender tube amp, which would be the best for my situation? I am looking at the Pro Junior for $299 and the Blues Junior for $449. I might even be able to stretch into a Blues or Hot Rod Deluxe, though these may be a bit too much for the use they would get. I don't gig and I always practice alone at low to moderate volumes. At some point, I hope to start practicing with a buddy that I had lost contact with, but ran into a while back. He plays guitar and bass. My son plays drums and rather loudly, though I don't know how much we will all play together. I currently have a VOX AD30VT and will probably either sell it or trade it.

Thanks,
Jim

(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

KC, I don't have any experience the Deluxe models, but played both the Pro and Blues Jr. models before buying my Blues Jr. a couple months ago. Very happy with it. My situation is similar to yours in that I spend all my time jamming by myself, and the amp is more than loud enough for that, and when cranked, is also loud enough to jam with a drummer. I like the Blues over the Pro mainly for the added EQ knobs. You can get quite a number of great sounds between the Volume and Master dials, and the clean sound is great to my ears. Good luck!

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the advice, GH.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

No problem. Post again when you decide on your new amp and tell us how you like it.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

my friend has a Hot Rod Deluxe. I have played it. nice amp. great tone, it growls, it is loud.
I think it would be too much for your bedroom playing.
Blues Jr. is extremely popular.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I've got the Blues Deluxe. Too much for what I do, but the tone was exactly what I was looking for.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote