168 Posts
60 Users
0 Likes
24 K Views
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

hahahahahahaaha.

yah.

go to audio and play some of the songs. i dunno, i dont usually like rap, i just thought this stuff was great.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I think this finally calmed down and Tracker I know what your talking about in terms of gansta rap and everything. Trust me I'm well aware of the whole scene. Until a couple years ago I lived in CT and I have always been exposed to that urban environment with gansta's, hoodlums etc. So I know what your saying and I don't disagree.

My one and only point that I was trying to make was that like the music or not, to be good at it like every other skill it takes talent that's all. Maybe it's talent that you don't care about or don't think has a value but the fact is it still takes talent to rap well.

I've listened to alot of different rap stuff and the majority is not mainstream stuff and I'll be honest I don't like much of it but I can't honestly say that these guys have no talent.

Now I know I've mentioned before that I'm not a big SRV fan or a DMB fan...sorry Tracker but I absolutely know those guys have talent, it's just their music doesn't do much for me. Now I'm not a big fan of country either but I actually like alot of Toby Keith's songs..sorry yoyo.

If any of you want to hear something different in terms of rap/hip hop check out a guy called Aesop Rock and the CD Labor Days he's an MC from Manhatten who I find has a very interesting style. I like this.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

To add to the list - Green Day! For some reason, I can't stand them.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Now what reminded you of Green Day? :wink:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Tracker,

Dude don't we have any common ground...Green Day..come on..tell me it's not true...J/K

Actually I remember the two songs by DMB I like, the first big single "What you say" not sure if that's the title and "Gravedigger"

I'll even admit to liking (and I know I'll get flak for this) the Good Charlotte song where they are dressed as fruit in the video "I just want to live" it's kind of catchy and cheesy at the same time.

Taso,

Thank God for that Kramer avatar, that absolves you from anything inmy book, even if you have a warped sense of good music...J/K

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Can't stand Greenday either.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Now what reminded you of Green Day? :wink:

A post in the guitar players forum.

Sorry chris, nothing personal.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

So I thought ...

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Tracker,

No prob it's all good..I have a soft spot for Green Day cuz I met them in CT at a club I was working at in 1995, just when Dookie came out.

They were pretty cool guys, not real ego maniacs or anything and I do enjoy some of their music too.

At the time they were touring in an old what looked like a milkman van or something, I mean this thing was like something you wouldn't take for free. I think they had The Library or something painted on the side. A far cry from what they tour in now.

Arjen,

If you can find it somewhere try to listen to the Aesop Rock album I mentioned earlier Labor Days I think you might like it. It's definitely different than most rap/hip hop music. No bling, bling, or ho's or anything like that, it's actually fairly intelligent rap.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I like GD's 'Good Riddance', it's a fun accoustic song to play. Don't know much of their other songs. I do appreciate them not being so arrogant and serious like many other punkrock bands, seem like fun dudes to hang around with from what I gathered from interviews.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

One more, Guns and Roses. Nails on a chalkboard I tell ya! Slash was cool though.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Yep. Axl Rose's 15 minutes would not end soon enough for me.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

OK Tracker I agree with you on the GNR thing but I do think Slash is the epitomy of "The" rock guitarist

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I always said if Axel wasn't in G'N'R, then it would be a band.

What do you know, Velvet Revolver!!!! Happy me! Not all the orginal members I don't think?

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Oh yeah. Slash is a great player, too bad he was stuck with Axel. I like Appetite for Destruction though. I don't think Velvet Revolver is as good as it could be, a little too hard for my tastes.

Slash is one of the reasons I play guitar though. His solo in Sweet child of Mine made me want to play, along with Clapton's Layla.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 12