Who makes you skin crawl

168 Posts
60 Users
0 Likes
24 K Views
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

Heard the first part of an Alanis Morissette song on the way to work this morning. I thought, "Hmmmmmm, a thirty something year old writing teen agnst, and then not really singing it well.WTF.". CLICK, on comes the CD player. Boy I really dislike her music.

I realize taste is a very individual thing, but I tell 'ya, sometimes I have to wonder about people. Why can't everyone just like all the same stuff I do so we can just get along! :shock:

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@nathan1709)
Trusted Member

Avril Lavigne, AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I would rather fill my ears with superglue and faeces in equal measure than sully my ears with that talentless freak! The thing that annoys me most is her quotes on punk music.
"I created Punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation."
Avril Lavigne (Seventeen Magazine, 2002)

"People are like, 'Well, she doesn't know the Sex Pistols.' Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff's old, right?"
Avril Lavigne (Entertainment Weekly, 2002)

What a moron! If she's Sid Vicious for a new generation, i can't wait for her to develop a heroin addict kill Derryck Whibley and commit suicide (harsh but true)

"This is a public service announcement.....with guitars"

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

I'd have to say the Rolling Stones. In my opinion, the most over-rated band in the history of mankind.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I have a question for April Latrine:

"If you don't know the Sex Pistols ('cos they're old, innit?) how can you possibly know that you are the Sid Vicious for the young generation (or any generation, for that matter), because you can't know who or what Sid Vicious was?"

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

Arvil Latrine ............... PUNK !!!!!!!!

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah......

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

That's rich. I wouldn't doubt she's a punk , but she certainly ain't Punk. If she thinks what she does is really punk she's every bit as stupid as she sounds.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

That's rich. I wouldn't doubt she's a punk , but she certainly ain't Punk. If she thinks what she does is really punk she's every bit as stupid as she sounds.

:shock:

Avril Lavigne = Smokin - best thing for man since the remote control.

music wise meh she's a yes and no for me to be honest maybe i go soft when i see her. on the whole punk thing i have to agree with you. she played that card allot only to deny it now, but do also think alot of it was the record company having to sell a product.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Everything is relative. For twelve-year-old girls, who probably know music as Duff, newcomer Lohan, Good Charlotte, Clay Aiken, Fantasia, No Doubt (still!), and has beens such as Britney, Avril is punk.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I was never a big fan of KISS although I liked a few of their songs. But Gene Simmons really turns me off. I don't really know the guy, but from everything I've ever seen from him on TV, he comes across as a real creep. I think the ONLY thing he thinks about is sex. I sure wouldn't want one of my daughters within 10 miles of the guy.

I agree with all the Boy Band or Pop singers like Brittany, especially as Greybeard said, the warblers. That style of singing is repulsively fake IMHO. I also don't like the rap bands that use good songs for background. I hardly like any rap at all, although I've heard a few good ones. I do think Eminem is very talented, but I am not a big fan.

Who hated Bad Company? Oh man, come on! Bad Company rocked! One of my very favorite bands of all times.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

bad company was also closely realted with led zeppelin (hell zeppelin signed them to theri Swan Song label) and everyone loves led zeppelin...right? well i do anyways.

i'm not a rap fan. puff daddy's kashmir was horrible and the fact that page played on it made it worse. although i do realize that page is very acceptable to all forms of music and is fairly open minded. that's the only way i can justify that one. that, or he needed money

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
(@daria)
Trusted Member

Hillary Duff *Cringe* :x
Simple Plan (dont know why, but they irritate me)

"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you will die today." ~James Dean

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

yeah gotta agree Hillary Duff annoys me 2. and i probably see 1/2 of her on tv that you guys do. Gene Simmons = Arrogance. nothing tweaks me quiker than foolish arrogance. Is it just me or is it that the less some people have the more arrogant/diva -like they become when they have heaps of money ?

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@mordeth)
Estimable Member

cant stand:
rap
most 'dance' music
anyone who's ever won and most people who've competed in any ...idol / you're a star / x factor style competition.

otherwise im fairly easy...although a level of hell should be reserved for westlife for their 'allow us to be frank' album - a selection of ratpack songs utterly butchered :(

This is my signature. Fear it.

ReplyQuote
(@noel-iu)
Estimable Member

I can't stand much music... and still I try to hear it for a while to analise what in it is the "lack of talent". Sometimes is the voice... sometimes is the guitar... sometimes its the lyrics... or maybe the whole thing
Then... I could blame it with reasons.

I blame M&M's . this boy really lit up my nerves

http://www.freewebs.com/noel-iu

http://noel-iu.dmusic.com/

ReplyQuote
(@jbrownstein)
Trusted Member

Minnie Ripperton
Brittney Spears
Roseanne Barr (ever hear her do the Star Spangled Banner? Now that's terrorism)
Christina Aguilera
The dude from Culture Club
and on and on and on

The unexamined life is unworth living - Aristotle

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Anyone that is involved with any (Canadian, American, etc...) Idol Reality Series.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 12