Clear all

Who makes you skin crawl

168 Posts
60 Users
0 Likes
23.9 K Views
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

"There is inherent beauty in the sleaziest and trashiest of pop music. It's true."

- 65Daysofstatic

There's no bands or artists that I absolutely detest - there's some I find more tolerable than others, granted, and there's some artists to whom I take an instant personal dislike because of an ugly element of their personality or whatever, but the people completely writing off rap music should check out some of the more alternative rap acts. I'm thinking along the lines of Bus Driver, Million Dead etc. People who hate "bands like Slipknot" (and base this hatred on little more than Slipknot) should try The Locust.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Can't stand Kylie Minoque. She can't sing a single proper note without vocal enhancers, her stage performance is dreadfull, the songs sound as if made by a computer generator and the movies she has 'starred' in are among the very worst ever made. She's the living definition of talentless.

Same, but in a lesser degree, goes to all who made it big in music without actually giving a rats bottom about what they were doing.

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

country, rap and all the no talent little girls that have made it
because of their boobs, and paris hilton, she"s not a recording artist, but she makes me wanna puke.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

mike jones.
celine dion.
garth brooks.
boy bands, girl bands.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol. I was drinking some water, and I saw a post that listed Elton John, and I actually spat my water onto my desk... As I'm cleaning it off, I keep reading and I see Clapton's name...I spat my water onto my desk again. And then again with the Rolling Stones. For God's sake!

With all the rap artists out there, how are these fellows getting to the top of your hate lists?!

With that said: I think Blink 182 is high up on my list. I think I dislike so called "punk rock" more than rap at this point.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Rush
Yes
Kansas
Meat Loaf

Dude, you are missing out. As far as Rush is concerned, listen to YYZ, 2112 Overture, La Villa Strangiatto. These are classic tunes and anyone who is interested in thoughtful, progressive music should check them out.

Yes is another band that, although they might take some getting used to, are exceptional musicians an songwriters. Check out Heart of The Sunrise or Roundabout.

Kansas: Dust in the wind, Carry on My Wayward. Listen to the guitarwork.

Meatloaf: Just hard rockin three chord tunes. Paradise by the dashboard light, Two outa three aint bad, Bat outa hell. All awesome tunes.

Yeah gotta crank all these tunes to hear the subtle nuances. They took their time with recording back then.

As far as making my skin crawl, Lou Reed. I know. I know. Icon and whatever. Have you ever heard his solo stuff? Very poor. Bad musicianship and worse singing.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@g3ordy)
Eminent Member

Boy George - need I say more?

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

As far as making my skin crawl, Lou Reed. I know. I know. Icon and whatever. Have you ever heard his solo stuff? Very poor. Bad musicianship and worse singing.

I actually like what the dude has been doing. Yes, he isn't the best singer. Neither is Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and (these days) David Gilmour. Maybe he ain't the best sonwgwriter either, but I just appreciate the bitter sarcasm and occasional minimalistic approach. He isn't really that well known over here so I have no idea what the his image is in the States, and I don't particularly care. Guess it's a matter of taste...

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Anything that is on my 14 year old daughters computer, stereo, radio, mp3 player :evil:. Oh no I sound just like my father :shock: , gotta get through this, now deep breaths Rik. 1,2,3... Wow that was scary

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well we're on the fourth page, and I can't believe no-one has mentioned M*c*a*l J*c*s*n....without even starting on his private life, his over-hyped musical(?????) garbage with its shrieks and hiccups and his stage antics with the crotch-grabbing etc are to me the biggest waste of space in history...

MJ is the single best reason for the invention of the remote control, you don't have to waste precious seconds walking to the TV or Stereo to turn off or change channels....

:P :P :P

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I have an unexplainable "gut" reaction to pretty much anything by the Moody Blues and/or Gordon Lightfoot (I can't even express how much I loathe "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"). Other than that:

-Most any of the new, commercial country music
-Rap (of course)
-New U2(that "Vertigo" song makes me actively angry...."1, 2, 3, 14" :x )
-Celine Dion
-Political music (think new Green Day)
-and lots, lots more....but that's enough for now

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

that "Vertigo" song makes me actively angry...."1, 2, 3, 14"

Whats up with people constantly bringing thit up? Is the joke really *that* bad? I myself have to smile everytime I see someone sing along totally oblivious to the fact it is total nonsense...

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

that "Vertigo" song makes me actively angry...."1, 2, 3, 14"

Whats up with people constantly bringing thit up? Is the joke really *that* bad? I myself have to smile everytime I see someone sing along totally oblivious to the fact it is total nonsense...

That's not really the reason I don't like the song. I'm not sure what the reason is, exactly. But, like the topic of this thread implies....it just makes my skin crawl.

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

Oh, I just thought of another one. Grand Funk's "I'm Your Captain" (I guess that's the title).

The endless "...I'm getting closer to my home" just drives me nuts.

I'm going to go put in my Beth Hart CD now to cleanse my palette.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Well we're on the fourth page, and I can't believe no-one has mentioned M*c*a*l J*c*s*n....without even starting on his private life, his over-hyped musical(?????) garbage with its shrieks and hiccups and his stage antics with the crotch-grabbing etc are to me the biggest waste of space in history
Vic

When it comes to "pop" music, I'm usually completely uninterested, but I think early MJ is really good. His later stuff is pretty bad, but the early stuff I can still listen to, and I'm not a fan of that type of music.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 12