Who makes you skin crawl

168 Posts
60 Users
0 Likes
23.9 K Views
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Dagwood, I think your misunderstanding him. Those "artists" that you're referring to, are the mainstream rapers..rappers? Arjen is referring to the ones who aren't neccesarily mainstream, but they have talent, the 'underground' rappers as it were.

Snarfy, its fine if people come and state their opinions and then leave (There's no point in doing that, but they can do it). But they shouldn't state their opinions if they don't understand that someone, somewhere is going to question it.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Dagwood, I think your misunderstanding him. Those "artists" that you're referring to, are the mainstream rapers..rappers? Arjen is referring to the ones who aren't neccesarily mainstream, but they have talent, the 'underground' rappers as it were.

Taso, Perhaps your right and I am misunderstanding and if so I'll admit it, but I still don't like rap. :)

Cheers.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I didn't mean to get so up-in-arms. Clearly, it was a case of misdirected anger....or something.....I guess I picked a bad week to stop shooting up (that was a joke.....paraphrasing "Airplane!) :)

Anyway, I don't even care enough about rap music to engage the argument any further.

But don't get me started on bagpipe music! :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

So how 'bout that bag pipe music? JK ;)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

hehehehehehehehehehehehe............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But don't get me started on bagpipe music! :lol:

"That right thar is funny.. I don't care who ya are.. that's just funny"
- Larry the Cable Guy.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dagwood: what Taso said. :D yes, I probably get disgusted just as much as you when I see this absolute total junk on tv. No way I'll ever defend that. I can't stand most of what I hear either. But I feel confident that there has to be someone in that genre that does something for you, just like there has to be atleats one blues, pop and classical song you're bound to like to some degree.

Know a young dude who is just as serious about their music as I am with mine. We both write our own stuff. We both think our own stuff is better, but we do respect each other. Noone has to like rap, thats nonsense. But not all rappers are brain-dead shallow bling-bling losers rapping about how hard it is to maintain a huge collection of Italian sportcars.

The shitty bit is that I myself don't care enough about rap that I cannot give you much names of proper rap-artists that make it big. Whatever respect I have for rap comes pruely from I see here, locally, and that is pretty much impossible to download/buy or anything. Any rap-lovers in the house who can give some commercially availlable proper rap?

*doesn't expect a reply but you never know*

Snarfy: you were absolutely right, and you don't have to apologize or explain your preferences if you don't want to. If that was the impression I gave, sorry.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Rapping guitarists are not unknown at all.

Didn't this already happen? ie Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park. Oh yeah,
that was good.

No seriously, name a couple of them. They dont have to be known; just give us a webpage.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Read my post, I already answered that question before you asked it. I'll ask around and if they can point me towards something big I like I'll post it here. And if you don't believe bands exist without website: my band has no website. We have almost enough stuff for a full album to be recorded, if we can arrange it financially in the winter. We don't have a demo tape, we don't have a pressmap, we don't have a website or even a bandphoto. And that is far from uncommon around here. For all you know I might not even be in a band at all, yet I do expect people to believe me when I say so.

It's not like I'm trying to sell you some records. I'm saying there are people who take their rap-music serious. I'm not saying you will like it. I'm not saying it is the most advanced and complex music the world has ever see. Not everyone starts to play the guitar to be a rock&roll guitargod and get unlimited access to drugs, sex and pink Bentleys. Same goes for drummers, violin players, vocalists, oboe-players and rappers.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. Which you might consider to be flawed. Maybe time to put the spotlight on disco or something.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

We have almost enough stuff for a full album to be recorded

Let us know when you record it. You know a website might help get the word out. Who needs MTV?

ReplyQuote
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

People call me racist for alot of the inconsitincies in rap that I point, so I'm not gonna try, but I think we all know where I could go with this.

What I have against rap so much is not necassarily the sound( which I dislike for the most part, but the rythms can be interesting sometimes) but absoelute lack of any substance or message. For example, a death metal band like Morbid Angel for example, like their music or not, has a purpose and message, they have ideas and they express themselves. What is a rapper expressing? Every rap song I've ever heard just talks about how great they are. "I'm mike Jones, don't act like you dont know the name!" etc..

Anyway, anything on the radio for the most part.

It's all a matter of taste, but if I hear something I dislike, but the musicians can play well and are good, then I still respect it. Players should be able to play.

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member

People call me racist for alot of the inconsitincies in rap that I point, so I'm not gonna try, but I think we all know where I could go with this.

What I have against rap so much is not necassarily the sound( which I dislike for the most part, but the rythms can be interesting sometimes) but absoelute lack of any substance or message. For example, a death metal band like Morbid Angel for example, like their music or not, has a purpose and message, they have ideas and they express themselves. What is a rapper expressing? Every rap song I've ever heard just talks about how great they are. "I'm mike Jones, don't act like you dont know the name!" etc..

Anyway, anything on the radio for the most part.

It's all a matter of taste, but if I hear something I dislike, but the musicians can play well and are good, then I still respect it. Players should be able to play.

I agree completly. Who wants to hear about what they say(if u know what I mean) (I hope u all get my drift...I dont want to spell it out...ex:In da club by 50.) You know exactly what that song is talkin about! Thats just gross! Thats not music its noise! If ur lyrics come from your heart then we all know whats always on rappers minds....

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

U2 is more annoying than a catfight outside my window when I'm trying to sleep.

I thought I was going to puke when Bruce Springsteen spent about 14 hours singing their praise on the Grammy awards show. :(

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

U2 is more annoying than a catfight outside my window when I'm trying to sleep.

I thought I was going to puke when Bruce Springsteen spent about 14 hours singing their praise on the Grammy awards show. :(

U2 is like bad tequilla...I can handle it in small doses, but after too much I'll probably have a horrible stomache ache and try to beat someone up.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

OK I read through all of the posts and I hate all types of music....well I'm somewhat serious, in that I hate certain artists from all different genres it doesn't matter which one, just like I like some of the music from all different genres.

The only thing I can say about it is that I think that whatever/however they made the music there was some talent involved.

I see the majority of people say they hate rap music and write it off as crap, and look at these people as talentless nobody's when in fact I beleive they do have a talent, a talent to rap. You may all laugh and say that that isn't a talent or that it isn't music but if you do you are being close minded. Whether or not you like it is a different story but they do possess a talent.

I don't listen to much rap or hip hop or country for that matter but I can honestly say there is music from each of those genres that I like.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member

I see the majority of people say they hate rap music and write it off as crap, and look at these people as talentless nobody's when in fact I beleive they do have a talent, a talent to rap. You may all laugh and say that that isn't a talent or that it isn't music but if you do you are being close minded. Whether or not you like it is a different story but they do possess a talent.

Very True!

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 12