Notifications
Clear all

Who's ever stolen the...

23 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

LMAO, yeah I stuck my tongue on that 9v. Dad was a electronic guru, smart azz! hahahaha. Guess what I do.... Hey kids can you check this for me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Now you know where the GN Veterans and mods get their power from - 9V batteries.

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I tore out the soke detecor in the hallway when some spider decided to start setting it off every night at 1am. Scared poor Cleo to death! The best shocks I ever got was 1: as a kid I was pulling a light out of an aquarium (before unpulgging it) and 2: disconnecting the clamp that holds the power tube on an Inductivly coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometer. WOW :shock:

I still do the 9 volt battery thing every now and then for kicks.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Should've made that spider go outside to smoke.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hey those smoke detectors contain a small amount of radioactive material.
Do you suppose that spider got a dose?

And what if you get bitten by one of them . . .
one of them radioactive spiders, huh?

I think this warrants further scientific study.

Signed,
Not an arachnid aficionado

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

On holiday a couple of years ago, we forgot the travelling kettle - so we bought a cheap one in Benidorm. Consisted of a plastic jug and a clip-on element so we could boil water for tea. Plugged it in, switched it on. After a few, minutes, nothing seemed to be happening - no bubbles around the element or anything. (Bear in mind the power supply was 120V, not the 240V we're used to in England....) So Marilyn says, "there's nothing happening - doesn't seem to be working." I jokingly suggested that she stick a finger in to see if it was getting warm - and the daft mare did. And jumped about six feet in the air. Definitely the highlight of that particular holiday!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

OK, since this thread has turned into a discussion about electrocution, I'll tell you a true story that happened in High School:

I can't remember if it was my junior or senior year in High School, but it was the year that the hit song "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel was playing on the radio. In my biology class was a pretty girl named Cecilia, and of course we all joked her about that song. She was a very pretty girl, and nice too, but not too bright.

In our biology class every desk was a mini-lab. We had multiple electric outlets, a sink with hot and cold water, even little spickets (sp?) for gas. This was so we could perform actual experiments at our desks.

Anyway, we were watching some movie and all the lights were out. Suddenly, there was this tremendous flash of light that lit up the entire room! Then the projector and power went out. It took about a minute but power was restored. Nobody knew what happened, until Cecilia admitted she had stuck a hairpin into one of the electrical outlets on her desk. Man, it completely vaporized the hairpin, it turned into dust! And where Cecilia was holding the hairpin, she had two deep burns in her thumb and index finger. She literally branded herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she still has marks on her fingers today.

It was one of those things you had to be there, but it was hilarious. I will never forget this incident. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Cecelia, you're burnin' my fuse.
You're breakin' my capacity daily.
Oh, Cecelia, I'm down on my knees.
I'm begging you please . . . .
not to do that again.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2