Clear all

why?

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@classicshredder999)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

why do all these legends die when tere so good at what they do and doing well in there career like

ron james dio

slipknots bassist (dont know his name)

dimebag darrel

kurt cobain

randy rhoads

cliff burton

who is next to go? it is all so sad. :(

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i like that slipknot's bassist is a "legend" and you don't know his name.

ringo's next.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I think Keith Richards died in 1971. But it hasn't seemed to slow him down any. :)

But the answer's pretty obvious. If their career is over, and they die quietly after 30 years in retirement, nobody notices. Or if they do, it's more like the reaction I had this week to Art Linkletter's passing - I had no idea he was still alive.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Ok, now I'm waiting for the "Art who?" reply!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Art who?

I know, kids say the darndest things.

To the original question, it's really difficult to be a legend until you die. I know. I've tried. When you are still producing, you are merely an artist

Artists are like knees, your mind, your stash, an old girlfriend, that crappy restaurant around the corner that was open until 3am, or that old guitar you sold.....you miss them when they're gone.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

....and I always thought that a foot was the best example of a legend. 8)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Death's a fact of life - thousands of people die every day. Law of averages, some of them are bound to be well-known musicians.

Already this year, we've said farewell to Paul Gray (Slipknot,) Ronnie James Dio, Lena Horne, Morris Pert (look him up on Wikipedia - I didn't know the name, but I was surprised at some of the names he'd played with!) Mississippi Slim, Peter Steele (Type O Negative,) Malcolm McLaren, Herb Ellis, Diz Disley, Alex Chilton, Charlie Gillett, Herb Cohen, Lesley Duncan, Micky Jones, Lolly Vegas, Tom "T-Bone" Wolk, Art Van Damme, Doug Fieger, Lee Freeman, Johnny Dankworth, Shirley Caddell, Kate McGarrigle, Teddy Pendergrass, Jay Reatard, Mick Green, Neil Christian and Tony Clarke. Those are just people whose I'm familiar with or who I've heard of....plenty of musicians from all over the world I've never heard of.

And remember, there's a lot of great musicians who are in their 70's and even 80's now.

:( :( :(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote