Clear all

why did i choose you?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rosskirk)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am listening to Martin Taylor just now, what a guitarist! I know there is a lot of great guitarists out there, Martin is certainly at the top of my list of legendary guitarists.

A song i am listening to at the moment is "why did i choose you?" It'a nice chilled relaxing song.

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Hmm, what brand of guitar does he play? 8)

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

:lol: :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@rosskirk)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I found this from his website:

Hand built in the West Highlands of Scotland by Mike Vanden, the "Martin Taylor Artistry" is designed to reproduce the warm and woody acoustic guitar sound associated with Martin Taylor. The guitar's small, light body has a contemporary European style, empowered by precise electronics to project a big, full sound. Limited Production.

The “Artistry” was jointly designed by Martin Taylor and Mike Vanden. It has the traditional look of a jazz guitar but is smaller and the lines are somewhat contemporary including the cutaway which is a more European design than American. This theme is also reflected on headstalk . The comparatively small 15-inch body makes this a manageable size guitar that is also very light.

With the advancement of guitar electronics, large guitars are not needed to create a big sound like that of the Martin Taylor Artistry.

Martin's guitar sound is slightly brighter and more acoustic in quality than most jazz guitar players, allowing the listener to hear string noise and the sparkle in the high end. To give distinction to his sound, Martin mics his Vanden when recording.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

A PRS of course!! :roll:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

If you like Martin Taylor, may I recommend Joe Pass? If you haven't tried him yet, he's well worth a listen! I like George Van Eps a lot, too. Oh, and the don, Ted Greene - his lessons are awesome, but he was a pretty mean player, as well. His website is being updated since his death with notes from his lessons (he was a tutor throughout his professional career) and plenty of videos. An amazing resource, and a great way to remember him!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

If you like Martin Taylor, may I recommend Joe Pass? If you haven't tried him yet, he's well worth a listen!..,

+100
I was just listening to good 'ol Joe today. Limehouse Blues, 500 Miles High and Blues for Basie. Great stuff! (He is from my home State and lived a few miles south of me!)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

A PRS of course!! :roll:

Lol makes me think of the time I was asked what's the name of the guitarist playing the PRS Mark Tremonti model.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote