Notifications
Clear all

WHY play guitar? Really..

35 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Its me singing, playing nearly all the guitars - one guitar isn't me and someone I know playing Drums and Bass.... I wrote it on my own before I brought it to the studio then drum and bass parts were cooked up.

Yeah it's totally unmixed so yeah raw, I want the drums further forward and will be removing some of the clean guitars (theres about 7 tracks of clean guitars) just tidying it up a bit and polishing it but I'm really happy with it and I feel the raw ingredients are there and the mix will just add a little more to it. Its being mixed currently by a friend of mine I will hear what he's done next time I see him and offer some input and then we start a new song too :)

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@robparis)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Its me singing, playing nearly all the guitars - one guitar isn't me and someone I know playing Drums and Bass.... I wrote it on my own before I brought it to the studio then drum and bass parts were cooked up.

Yeah it's totally unmixed so yeah raw, I want the drums further forward and will be removing some of the clean guitars (theres about 7 tracks of clean guitars) just tidying it up a bit and polishing it but I'm really happy with it and I feel the raw ingredients are there and the mix will just add a little more to it. Its being mixed currently by a friend of mine I will hear what he's done next time I see him and offer some input and then we start a new song too :)

Great! I am looking forward to hear the end result! :) 8)

Check out my new guitar blogg! (click below)

http://www.guitarbeyondreason.com/
Its only rock n roll but I like it!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Why did I want to play guitar? In two words, The Beatles. I was about 6-7 years old when they exploded onto the scene - that amazing sound, I thought at the time, "Someday I'm going to do THAT!"

OK, I'm still a long way off from that standard - but you know what? I don't really care. I LOVE to pick the guitar up - acoustic or electric - and just play. I can lose myself for a couple of hours, forget all the c**p the world's throwing at me, and just enjoy myself playing songs.

I'll never be a great musician - left it too late, really. But - I'll settle for reasonably competent. Or, "hey, Vic's a bloody good rhythm guitarist - nothing flash, but keeps perfect time and only needs to be told the chords...." - and I can always fill in on bass or backing vocals!

truth be told, I've hardly touched a guitar for the last month, since my Marilyn passed away - I pick up the acoustic, start playing "Three Steps To Heaven" - her favourite song - and have to put it down again. I need to change strings on the acoustic and the electric and start playing more. And I'm still at the stage where certain songs - Three Steps To Heaven, Dance The Night Away, Massachusetts, La Bamba, Tequila, Wake Up Little Susie,Oh Pretty Woman, Running Scared - just make me change channels. Can't listen to them yet without memories flooding back.

Maybe I should just get up tomorrow, find those songs on youtube, play along with them and get them out of my system?

Oh, and the other thing - my propensity for damaging my hands reared its ugly head again. March 10th, cutting an onion, took a large slice out of my RH index finger. My strumming finger. It's almost healed up now, but it was bloody sore for a couple of weeks or so.....

Oh well, maybe in the morning I'll feel inspired.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Hmmm .... never answered this. Simply because it makes me happy. It relaxes me, it excites me ......... for the past 34 years it has been a way of life.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@robparis)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Why did I want to play guitar? In two words, The Beatles. I was about 6-7 years old when they exploded onto the scene - that amazing sound, I thought at the time, "Someday I'm going to do THAT!"

OK, I'm still a long way off from that standard - but you know what? I don't really care. I LOVE to pick the guitar up - acoustic or electric - and just play. I can lose myself for a couple of hours, forget all the c**p the world's throwing at me, and just enjoy myself playing songs.

I'll never be a great musician - left it too late, really. But - I'll settle for reasonably competent. Or, "hey, Vic's a bloody good rhythm guitarist - nothing flash, but keeps perfect time and only needs to be told the chords...." - and I can always fill in on bass or backing vocals!

truth be told, I've hardly touched a guitar for the last month, since my Marilyn passed away - I pick up the acoustic, start playing "Three Steps To Heaven" - her favourite song - and have to put it down again. I need to change strings on the acoustic and the electric and start playing more. And I'm still at the stage where certain songs - Three Steps To Heaven, Dance The Night Away, Massachusetts, La Bamba, Tequila, Wake Up Little Susie,Oh Pretty Woman, Running Scared - just make me change channels. Can't listen to them yet without memories flooding back.

Maybe I should just get up tomorrow, find those songs on youtube, play along with them and get them out of my system?

Oh, and the other thing - my propensity for damaging my hands reared its ugly head again. March 10th, cutting an onion, took a large slice out of my RH index finger. My strumming finger. It's almost healed up now, but it was bloody sore for a couple of weeks or so.....

Oh well, maybe in the morning I'll feel inspired.....

:D :D :D

Vic
Keep it up Vic, maybe its a good Idea to play "new songs" , songs you haven't played before! Go get you attention elsewhere ?
Try some happy oldies pop songs??

Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Check out my new guitar blogg! (click below)

http://www.guitarbeyondreason.com/
Its only rock n roll but I like it!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3