Clear all

Windows media player 11

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@niklas)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

There is a beta version of the new media player to windows.

I just downloaded it and it works fine. I thought it wasn't going to be released before the next version of windows :? .

It's very much the same as before, but a huge difference is the library that sorts your music files much better compared to previous versions.
I found music I didn't know I had on the computer :o .

It also sorts video files and photos and a library for photos which is something I have been missing in windows.

Here is a link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/default.mspx

Remember that this is a beta program and you can have problems using it, although I'm not.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

That's the thing that frustrates me with Microsoft. I wish they'd work the kinks out of their systems before releasing them.

I hadn't realized that a version 11 was in the offing.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Love it! Thanks for the link, Nik!

Really, this is such an improvement over v.10 - fast, pretty, and at last a really useful library...
8)

That's the thing that frustrates me with Microsoft. I wish they'd work the kinks out of their systems before releasing them.

But it's a beta, Musenfreund, not a general availability release - it's supposed to have kinks in - then we beta users find 'em and report 'em, and hopefully by the time we get to a 1st release candidate it'll be pretty much straightened out :D

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

I guess its time to upgrade me version 9. But IMO iTunes is the best!!!!

ReplyQuote