Clear all

Wives and guitars

59 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
11.4 K Views
(@donzo)
Eminent Member

One day, hanging my head in shame at my pathetic attempt to play a new tune, I turned to my wife and l said "Man - I suck." What I wanted to hear, of course, was "Thats not true, you don't suck, you are great." Instead, without raising her head from her newspaper she just said "Don't worry, its ok if you suck."

I count my blessings every time I practice that my wife is so accepting of the fact that I suck.

Hey, at least she isn't lying to me!

Don

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

One day, hanging my head in shame at my pathetic attempt to play a new tune, I turned to my wife and l said "Man - I suck." What I wanted to hear, of course, was "Thats not true, you don't suck, you are great." Instead, without raising her head from her newspaper she just said "Don't worry, its ok if you suck."

I count my blessings every time I practice that my wife is so accepting of the fact that I suck.

Hey, at least she isn't lying to me!

Don

wife and suck in the same sentence :shock: no i wont go there :lol:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@iraesq)
Trusted Member

When she sees me pick up the guitar, the nicest reaction I get is an eye roll or a sigh. It's not that she isn't tolerant, but she's not all that enthusiastic about my obsession with the darn thing. It's a similar reaction if I ask her to watch nine innings of a baseball game in mid-April or if I ask her to check the fantasy football scoreboard on a Sunday afternoon. Tolerant....but she's really calling me a dork.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Is that nine innings live or on TV? And where is it in April? Nine innings of AAA ball in Syracuse New York live in April ..... now thats a wife!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Donzo,

Amen brother, I get that reaction more from my kids than the wife but the feelings are the same

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Reading all this, I feel quite lucky.

I have a chow (not pictured at left) who loves it when I play sitar. Whe gets excited when I pull out the case, and will lay down in front of me and put her head on my foot and fall asleeo every time.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Actually my cat is OK with my playing, well maybe she just likes me alot..in any event she doesn't run away when I play.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

My kid's budgie happily chirps out his heart to any noise I can make on a banjo .... or guitar or drum or rhythm toy. But curiously, he won't do it when my kid plays them.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

gnease,

Are your kids playing note for note renditions..could be the problem? Those android solos probably tick him off!!!

Sorry I had to to that, hope you know it's all in fun.

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Actually my cat is OK with my playing, well maybe she just likes me alot..in any event she doesn't run away when I play.

My cats kind of trip on it, one of them in particular will get right up in front of the amp...but if they are in the other room, they will come in and "watch." lol

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

gnease,

Are your kids playing note for note renditions..could be the problem? Those android solos probably tick him off!!!

Arjen......leave it :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

All I ever get is an evil eye and a suspicious question, "Is that another new one?"

I didn't really think she was paying attention. She certainly isn't paying the bill. :roll:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

gnease,

All in fun, of course ... though I'm pretty sure the budgie could take you.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

When she sees me pick up the guitar, the nicest reaction I get is an eye roll or a sigh. It's not that she isn't tolerant, but she's not all that enthusiastic about my obsession with the darn thing. It's a similar reaction if I ask her to watch nine innings of a baseball game in mid-April or if I ask her to check the fantasy football scoreboard on a Sunday afternoon. Tolerant....but she's really calling me a dork.
I must be weird then. I love baseball, football and if my husband played the guitar....omg that would be great.
Unfortunately, I am the only musical one in the family. He is very supportive, however, and even bought me my Highway 1 Tele for my birthday. :D

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@iraesq)
Trusted Member

I must be weird then. I love baseball, football and if my husband played the guitar....omg that would be great.

Not weird, but a pretty good catch. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4