Notifications
Clear all

Worst Cover Song

59 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I got turned on to them while walking into a room where my neice and son were watching a chick flick. Boston group. She still plays in Peter Gammons' Hot Stove charity thing every year from what I hear. That band could lay a groove down, for sure.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

william shatner - mr. tambourine man

i win. thread over. goodnight.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Sorry jason, but I can top yours...

Paul Anka - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Pat Boone - Crazy Train (pretty much his entire "In a Metal Mood" album is an abomination)

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Some good additions here! I do like cover songs, as long as they add some unique twist. I found that covers of obscure or semi-popular songs do much better than those covering well-known and established hits.

For instance, I think the "Smooth Criminal" remake by Alien Ant Farm is awesome. Really charged up the tired song.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

:shock: OMG! It's THIS ONE! :shock:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

:shock: OMG! It's THIS ONE! :shock:

Also wins for Worst Air Guitar.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Awwwwww, how cute. Greg and Slej are both diva-phobes. :mrgreen: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Paul Anka - Smells Like Teen Spirit

[

:shock:

Well - couldn't blame him for NOT adding a unique twist at least :lol:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for sharing, Slej! I managed to stick that one out for fourteen seconds.....and that's actually got to be some kind of record for a Celine Dion "song".........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Awwwwww, how cute. Greg and Slej are both diva-phobes. :mrgreen: :lol:

I have no trouble being in that club. :D

Vic, here's another to churn your stomach:
HILLARY DUFF covering MY GENERATION :shock:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Vic, here's another to churn your stomach:
HILLARY DUFF covering MY GENERATION

I'd give it a spin too, but I'm too busy listening to Steiner Gregersten's MySpace page. 8)

I never heard of that.......that thing singing with celine dion before. Sometimes it's not so bad being a mushroom. :D

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I don't know who or what a Hilary Duff is, but it was well named - hilariously duff!

THIS ONE will definitely up the cheese quotient a little - not quite the gorgonzolas we've had so far, more of a ripe Limburger......

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Just about any TV commercial that uses a classic song. There is one for GE about water recycling that absolutely butchers Have You Ever Seen The Rain. I hope John Fogerty sues the bejeezus out of GE. :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJ7iVbKRj8

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

'We will rock you (remix)' by 5 Queen (and any other band singing some remix).

Feels like dropping a giant anvil on this band.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I don't know who or what a Hilary Duff is, but it was well named - hilariously duff!

THIS ONE will definitely up the cheese quotient a little - not quite the gorgonzolas we've had so far, more of a ripe Limburger......

Vic

Okay Vic! That was "marvy" camp. Always room for good camp. Like this one for the same reason (some will hate it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vh3SmpAcVg

("duff" is a term pretty much lost on us yanks ... except as one's rear end and maybe Homer Simpsons's preferred quaff.)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4