0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

http://www.captainandtennille.net/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dsparling)
Reputable Member

Unfortunately, I quite like the tune of "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", and actually played it on the guitar the other day, when I came across it in a songbook. So, alas, I've just blown any "buddy points" I may have acquired throughy not liking the Eagles.... :wink:

That's a pretty good song actually, though I'm not big on Roberta Flack (and I am old enough to remember when her version of the song first came out)...

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" was written by the world renown British folk singer Ewan McColl. He wrote it in the early '60s for his folk singer wife Peggy Seeger (sister of Pete Seeger). Pub song singers (and Pouges fans) may also know his song "Dirty Old Town."

http://www.dougsparling.com/
http://www.300monks.com/store/products.php?cat=59
http://www.myspace.com/dougsparling
https://www.guitarnoise.com/author/dougsparling/

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

http://www.captainandtennille.net/

I think I am going to cry in my beer man.. Thanks for the memories. :lol:

Actually got goose bumps when I saw the sheet music for "Love will keep us together" Loved that song too. How does a child go from that to Guns n Roses, Metallica, Megadeth and so on...

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Every bob marley song (PLAYED OUT!), village people songs (some of them are kind of funny because of how ridiculous they are) and Of Montreal. Single most hated song though....celion deion- my heart will go on :?

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member

Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep - though is it a song? Used to be on Sunday radio a lot, drove me crazy

ReplyQuote
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member

I agree with the guy who said he hates indie music. I have nothing against music from independant artists but once "Indie" became a Genre meaning putting a fuzz on the singers voice, singing in a british accent(if you have one or not) and hitting the cymbals on 3-4 of the 4 beats, I really started hating indie music. As for worst song it has to be "Take me out" by Franz Ferdinand because it has fuzz on the voice , the accent is ok, but they hit the cymbal minimum of once a beat. But worse then that they stole the riff from "Trampled Under Foot" by Led Zeppelin and put it into a horrible song and thats just wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

uh...how about anything rap or hip hop or whatever it is they call it these days? Hmm...lullaby by the cure has lyrics that weird me out everytime I hear it.

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I win! I have never heard that Celine Dion song. Thank God for litle blessings, huh?

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I'm all for famine relief, but "We are the World" just makes me cringe.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Macarena

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I actually love The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. I think that is a beautiful song.

There are a few rap/hip-hop songs I like. I like the Beastie Boys "Fight for Your Right (To Party)" That has some awesome rhythm guitar and a comical lead. So there are a few songs I like in this style.

I cannot stand many of the Pop female singers in the last 10 years. The ones who moan and wobble every single note of a song. Sickening.

The Captain and Tennille?? Not my style of music, but I still liked them. Great songwriters, I respect them for that.

I liked Bobby Goldsboro and especially Honey. :D Guess I just love silly love songs like Paul MacCartney.

I did not care too much for early Eagles. But after Joe Walsh joined the band I liked them a lot. Joe Rocks!

I hated that song Convoy. That's it. That has to be my worst song ever. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

January - Pilot

That song really does : S U C K

I would rather listen to ABBA - Bay City Rollers

There I said I would rather

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

1. rap all of it
2. celine dion, all whiny women singers
3. all those new rock bands like simple plan, that every song they put out is about how much their lives suck. They need to quit whining all the time.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Dancing Queen....abba

American Pie.......Don McClean.......I hated it when it came out.

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

We Built This City on Rock and Roll...makes me scream in pain.

The first time I heard thatsong I was driving through San Francisco when it first came out in 1985. I figured the only reason something so bad was on the radio was because it a hometown band (Starship). How wrong I was.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4