Skip to content
WOW...I'm seriously...

Notifications
Clear all

WOW...I'm seriously up for buying this...tell me NO!!!

22 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Just check this out guys n gals

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380033668607&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

there have been a fair number of review of these. might want to search those, as they are not 100% positive.

but ... it does look cool.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

not to play....just to hang on my wall with some serious lighting effects :lol:

just think it is the most stunning thing I've ever seen

I want one lol

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

no

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

No, I think it's ugly as hell.

:)

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

That is brilliant, get it now.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

NO!!!!

:lol:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Totally not my style, but interesting design.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member

I like the style with the Aum/Om design, not sure about the scaffolding internals, but it is quite cool.
Spiritual logo's on a guitar is always cool. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I think that they should NOT use Hindu spiritual symbols on such a thing as a guitar trussrod cover. So, its not a cool design, its just a stupid thought on part of someone, who does not know the significance of this sacred symbol.

I just wonder why people misuse Hindu ideas when they don't have even an iota of knowledge about what they are doing. There are a thousand many other ways to make a guitar look cool.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i'd be afraid of jacking my hand up on one of the edges. i have no idea how that sounds, but i seriously doubt it was built with sonic properties in mind. plus it's sort of ugly as hell.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I think that they should NOT use Hindu spiritual symbols on such a thing as a guitar trussrod cover. So, its not a cool design, its just a stupid thought on part of someone, who does not know the significance of this sacred symbol.

I just wonder why people misuse Hindu ideas when they don't have even an iota of knowledge about what they are doing. There are a thousand many other ways to make a guitar look cool.

agreed, but to be honest the only thing that guitar has going for it is the Om.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

This one's called Nirvana and features the Kama Sutra ....... also an RKS ....... I like it! :D (And, yes, Rahul, I know you don't approve.) If it weren't so expensive, I'd have it in a minute! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

to me feel and sound are all that matter.
a crappy guitar with a fantastic artistic design is like a junky car with $4000 rims imo.
but hey, to each his/her own. :mrgreen:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Until you ask the designer, I don't think you can rule out that they may know exactly what the symbols mean, and included them for some personal, faith-based reason. Christian symbols often are found on profane items such as guitars to proclaim a person's beliefs. While not a thing I personally care to see, I do understand the motivation.

Without any intention of starting a heated argument, I ask in curiousity: Does Hindu expressly forbid such use of its symbols on non-religious items? Or is knowledgeable use acceptable?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2