Clear all

ya ever hear of a lucero guitar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bundens)
Topic starter  

hey,
i've been playing guitar for a while and i currently have an ibanez rg...
but i want a classical guitar...for some reason i feel like this will improve my fingerpicking and overall style but aside from that
i went to my guitar center and played this 99 buck lucero...never heard of it and when i just went to look it up all i get is some band from tennessee...
the guitar actually wasnt terrible, i mean it was pretty cool for a 99 bucks and i know with guitars you pay for what you get..
there were two..a black and a natural finish...the black finish saturated the wood a bit i think cos it sounded more flat and the tone wasnt as good but the natural was pretty decent...
so basically i was wondering if anybody had any experiences with these guitars and if anybody would recommend anything else
i dont want to spend more than 200
the other in my price range was a yamaha and a washburn and a carlo robelli...and i think that was about it
is this the type of guitar i should save for ..i mean will it make that much of a differance or nah??

(@alangreen)

Haven't heard of that brand, but this is a question we get a lot round here and the answer is that if you've played it and like the sound then it's a decent guitar to get.

Nobody has just one guitar - I bought my third classical off a girl in London who was going home to Australia, used it in an exam a couple of weeks later, and then had it fall out of its case and crack at a student's house very shortly afterwards; so I went out and bought another one exactly the same because it sounded so good. And, if you ask Nick how many guitars he's got....

Anyway, I digress. If you lie the guitar and it's within budget, then get it. It will always have a resale value and you don't want to spend bucketloads of cash on your first of anything. You will buy another one later once you've made some more decisions on sound.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote